014 | recall from the past

Leaning his back against the lockers, Yoshinori had his arms crossed against his chest. He is patiently waiting for Yunhee to pass by the locker section first thing in the morning. Well, he only wants his leather jacket back.

"Should I text her that I am waiting for her by the locker section?" Yoshinori mumbled quietly. But before he could battle against his thoughts, he saw a glimpse of Yunhee jogging towards him.

"Here is your leather jacket," Yunhee smiled as he handed the leather jacket to Yoshinori. "Well, about what you told me last night, I already saw it before I even called you."

"You— what?" Yoshinori mouthed out in disbelief. "I told you to not lay a hand on it—"

"Let me explain first, will you?" Yunhee interrupts him. "I did not see it on purpose, okay? The polaroid actually fell off from the pocket of your leather jacket while I was taking it off from my waist. Yunseo saw it and immediately picked it up, placing back to the pocket where it fell."

"You did not see who's in the polaroid, didn't you?" asked Yoshinori in nervousness.

Yunhee shook her head with a reassuring smile on her lips. "I did not, and I am not curious either. I respect your privacy, Shino."

Yoshinori raised an eyebrow after hearing what Yunhee just called him. "Shino?" he repeated.

"Well, since everyone else calls you 'Yoshi' and 'Yoshinori'," Yunhee shrugged. "I'm gonna call you 'Shino' for a difference."

"No," Yoshinori quickly said. "Don't ever call me by that name."

"Why not?"

"Just because."

"Whatever you say, Shino," Yunhee grinned. "I'll get going now. See you around!"

With his cold eyes, Yoshinori watched Yunhee slowly getting further away from him. His grip onto his leather jacket tightened as flashbacks started to cloud on his mind.

Slowly shutting his eyes, Yoshinori shook his head, trying to erase the thoughts. "This is too much," he mumbled.

"You okay?"

Yoshinori opened his eyes, turning his head on the right. There was Jang Yunseo, looking at the latter in worry.

"Yeah, I'm good," the Japanese reassures the latter.

Yunseo then nodded his head. "I can see that Yunhee already returned your leather jacket."

Just then, Yoshinori's eyes landed on the material on hanging on his left arm. "Yunhee said that a polaroid accidentally fell of from one of the pockets," he said. "Is she telling the truth?"

"She's telling the truth," responded Yunseo. "I tried my best to pick it up real quick after she untied the leather jacket from her waist."

In silence, Yoshinori slid down his right hand on the pocket of the leather jacket where he placed the polaroid. When he felt the film, he slid out his hand without any word.

"I am kind of wondering why Yunhee is always annoying you or something," Yunseo pondered.

"It's because I freaking kissed her during the prom night," Yoshinori bravely confessed in front of the latter.

Yunseo's eyes widened before it squinted, eyes glaring on Yoshinori. "Give me an acceptable reason on why you did that," he spoke, almost demanding for an answer.

"She was about to get shot during our elimination on that night," Yoshinori began, slightly twirling the sleeve of his leather jacket. "I did that in order to distract her."

"Well, that was acceptable, I guess?" Yunseo responded, unsure.

"Still, I apologize for that," said Yoshinori. "I could not think of any more ideas on what to do in order to distract her."

Yunseo nodded his head in understanding, knowing that the latter does not do any harm to people who is not involved on their business.

"Yunhee started to call me by that name after what I did to her," Yoshinori blurted out. "But, I'm fine with that," he finished.

"No, you shouldn't be fine with that," Yunseo insisted. "You are letting your trauma—"

"It's okay," Yoshinori cuts him off. "I'll get going. See you around, Yunseo."

Jang Yunseo could only watch the Japanese boy slowly walking away from him. He then looked down, trying to figure out what he should do after realizing everything in a short span of time.

"No wonder why you can't just stay away from my sister, Kanemoto," Yunseo mumbled lowly. "She is like her— like your queen. You two shouldn't be interacting a lot, or it would be a big trouble for all of us."