phase two, chapter five: peter can smile?

↳ ❝ [TAG, YOU'RE IT] ¡! ❞
PHASE TWO, CHAPTER 5.
by notanotherwinchester

ATHENA HAD SOMEWHAT GOT A GOOD SLEEP LAST NIGHT. Her eyes weren't clinging together anymore and she could actually keep her eyes open for longer than three minutes at a time.

Ever since she had been in the lab, she hadn't gotten a night of good sleep in about two weeks. Her mind was plagued with visions of her family being hunted down and killed. She had constant nightmares of her escaping the lab and seeing them again, but they were dead.

No matter how many "friends" she had in the lab would help her anxiety. Nobody, not even a therapist, could help her anxiety. When Athena had gone to a therapist, alas Laila's request, she had been told her anxiety was a trauma response. She had reluctantly told the therapist what happened that night, leaving out a few details. She'd probably be deemed insane if she told the woman that she'd used her powers she didn't know she had on her brother who happened to be able to siphon magic from people and then used it to kill her two siblings. Nobody would believe her, and she'd probably end up like Victor Creel.

Victor Creel was the talk of the town for a while. After the unfortunate events involving the Creel's residence, she had lost all contact with Henry, who had been her telepathic friend. Henry had been put in a coma the night Victor killed his family, the latter being testified positive for killing his family. He was then, placed in the insane asylum, where he rotted for years.

Once a young Athena found out that Henry Creel was dead, she was devastated. He was one of the only friends she had and the only friend who knew about what happened that night.

For years to come, a lonely Athena was left grieving her friend. And then the lab she was kidnapped into was the cherry on top of her hurt heart.

Now, Athena had lost all her patience. She had just woken up in her uncomfortable bed, yawning and stretching, when her door shot open. She immediately sat up in bed, clutching the covers to her chest, when one of the guards came in. Disappointment filled her at not seeing Peter, but she still got up. She shooed the guard out who lingered in the doorway. He gave her a weird look and walked out of the room as her feet brought her outside the door, her mind was still foggy from being woken up. She wiped her eyes and yawned, slowly trudging to the cafeteria. The food sucked, point-blank. It reminded her of prison food which was ironic considering the lab perfectly represented a jail.

She walked into the cafe, ignoring the stares of 002's posse, and sat down in the far corner - next to El. El sent her a smile and quietly went back to eating while Athena sat there the whole time, not once getting up to get food. She had decided that she would not be eating the food they made, for fear of them poisoning it.