phase two: 3 times wasn't the charm

↳ ❝ [TAG, YOU'RE IT] ¡! ❞
PART TWO.
by notanotherwinchester

WHEN LAILA HAD TOLD HER THEY WERE MOVING, Athena had been excited. A free pass out of the town where absolute hell went down, and a fresh start? Sounded like a dream. And it was, for a while - at least.

For 9 years, the town had been calm and pleasant. She didn't have to worry about anything besides her homework. She got to live a normal, carefree, life. And she was so happy. She had the normal teen life she had craved for forever. She had lived her life in peace, waking up everyday happy and hopeful, looking forward to seeing her family. She hadn't realized how precious and lucky she had it when she'd wake up to her sisters' bantering in the kitchen.

And then one day? It all was gone.

She had been walking home from the store, she was technically 21, but she had performed a spell on herself and her family to make sure they didn't age past 18. So they kept their looks, though their mental age was older.

Anyway, she had been walking with some bags in her hand, about half a block away from her little suburban house shared with Laila and Reagan. Her eyes had been focused on her feet blankly, her arms aching from the hold of the heavy groceries. Truly, Athena should've been paying more attention to her surroundings. But she hadn't, and that was her first mistake.

For somebody had come up behind her, covering her mouth drenched in some sort of drug. She had tried to fight it, to resist it, but she desperately needed to breathe. That was her second mistake.

She couldn't scream for help, or yell out to her sisters. She didn't even think of trying to contact her siblings, all she could think of was the pure and utter regret she felt as she blacked out. She remembered struggling against the person's hold, kicking and scratching, but they weren't phased - their hold never loosened.

And so, Athena let herself succumb to the abyss of darkness she so desperately craved to be in. And that was her final mistake.

 And that was her final mistake

⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

in which athena casteel loses her family, and is forced into a new one.