chapter three: sympathy for the devil and remnants of the past

↳ ❝ [TAG, YOU'RE IT] ¡! ❞
CHAPTER 3.
by notanotherwinchester

SCREAMS ECHOED THROUGH THE DEEP FOREST, making Athena wince. Reagan had covered her ears with her teddy bear cuddled in her arms, her pink dress dirty and her knees curled to her chest. The screams grew louder as Athena saw the house shake. She shook her head and got to her feet, telling her younger sister to stay there just in case she'd see something that would traumatize her further.

Athena walked up the back steps of the deck, looking down at her creased converse. Only then had the brunette noticed all the blood on her body, staining her clothes. She'd have to change soon. She told herself.

The young girl opened the door to her house and stepped in, finding the scene she had left earlier. With Michael on the ground and Laila focusing on him, Thena walked up to her sister and sighed, taking the knife from her hands.

"You're not even using it," She pointed out, carefully grabbing the knife's handle and placing it on the marble countertop. Laila looked at her sister and shrugged.

"I was going to, but somebody interrupted me."

Athena rolled her eyes and looked at Michael, who glared at her and her sister. Laila looked away from her sister and followed her eyesight, seeing her twin glaring. She rolled her eyes, disappearing upstairs and reappearing with a cloth in her hands.

She took the blindfold and tightly wrapped it around his eyes, positioning it perfectly on his nose. Michael scoffed and wanted to slap her hands away, but realized he couldn't, as his hands were tied up. He shifted uncomfortably and cracked his neck.

"You big baby." She muttered to him under her breath after seeing his reaction, dusting off her pale hands on her jeans.

Athena stood off to the side, watching the encounter. The brunette shifted in her spot and sighed, remembering her younger sister's scared expression.

"Whatever you're doing in here," She started, gaining Laila's attention as she turned around and crossed her arms. "You need to calm it. Or put like a spell to make his screams silent, Reagan's getting more traumatized so just cool it, 'kay?" Athena said softly and headed in the direction of the stairs. Laila clicked her tongue and shrugged, though her sister couldn't see it.

"Okay." She said simply, grabbing the bloody knife off the counter and running it over Michael's face. Michael hissed as the knife cut through his skin, blood dripping down his cheek.

Athena headed down the corridor to her room and opened the door, gazing around at the lilac wallpaper. She sighed and whirled away from the walls, strolling to her bead and bending down on the cold floor. Athena grunted as she felt around for her suitcases. Her hand finally came in contact with a big box shape, making her wrap her hands around it and pull it out from under the bed. The young girl opened her empty suitcase and got up from the ground. She walked to her closet, grabbing the clothes she knew she'd need.