20. BEIGE

I woke up next to Emanuele. I saw as he slept in deep slumber. I admire this man. I cuddled closer to him and he wrapped his arms around me. I thought he woke up because of my movement but as looked at his face, he was still deeply asleep. I fell back to sleep cuddling with him.

I woke up to a gentle peck on my forehead. It was Emanuele.

"What time is it?" I asked in a groggy voice.

"It's almost 10.00 AM." He answered.

I opened my eyes wide to this.

"We were supposed to have breakfast with your grandparents."

We both quickly got dressed. But the moment I tried to walk fast I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I quickly sat down on the bed. Emanuele rushed to me.

"Are you okay?!" He asked in a panic, cupping my face.

"Y-yes, I- I guess I'm soar from last night's events."

He picked me up bridal style.

"Then let's go get you something warm for that sour abdomen."

He took me to my room and asked one of the maids to get me a heating pad and another to inform his grandparents that we were going to be late.

***

Two years later

It was our two years anniversary. Yes, Emanuele and I had been together for two whole years. We had small arguments now and then but at the end of the day we were back together.

Soon after our first anniversary, we moved in together. It was a little difficult at first but we managed to helo each other and understand each other's needs.

Philip and Charles started dating after Philip discover he was bi. Belle found a prince charming for herself. They had been together for almost three months now.

Tonight was going to be a special night, Emanuele had planned a special date for the night. I was excited out of my wits. I wonder what it was going to be. I knew that it was at our favourite rooftop restaurant and all our friends were going to be there but there was more, I wonder what.

Briar had also ordered the seamstress for a special dress that Emanuele had designed himself for me.

That evening I took a long warm bath and started to get ready. Briar had my dress ready for me in the room along with matching jewellery and shoes.

I got into the dress. It was perfect, from every curve and every angle. Briar did my hair into a lovely hairstyle and I was all ready to go.

After a short car ride, we reached the venue. I waited as the lift went up to the roof.

*ding*

The doors slid open and all my friends welcomed me handing me presents and congratulating me. I scanned the room, searching for Emanuele but I couldn't spot him anywhere. I asked Belle where Emanuele was, and my question was answered with a ding of the elevator. Emanuel walked out holding a huge box in his hands.

He walked toward me ad gave me a peck on my lips.

"Happy Anniversary, my love." He said handing me the box.

It was very heavy and as soon as it was handed to me something moved inside it. My eyes widened as I imagined what was in it.

I kept the box on the table and opened it. Out of the box came two little, black and fond Labrador pups, they had name tags on. The black one was called Hades and the fond one was called Zeus. They jumped up and down in the box their tails wagging simultaneously.

I turned around and saw Emanuele on one knee, with a small box in his. I covered my face out of excitement. I knew exactly what to say.

"Sofia, we have been together for two years now and I cannot imagine my life without you in it. Sofia will you-"

"Yes.. yes thousand times yes!" I shrieked and went on to kiss him. He put the ring on my finger it was a beautiful alexandrite leaf ring. Everyone clinked their glasses and we celebrated till the break of dawn.

The next morning we broke the news to my father and Emanuele's grandparents. They were overjoyed after hearing the news we also introduces them to the new members of the family Zeus and Hades. The monarchs were overjoyed to break the news to the citizens of the countries and both countries celebrated with fireworks. Father even donated a lot to charity and children's hospitals and so did grandfather and grandmother.

***

I went out on the porch and sat beside Emanuele. I rested my head on his shoulder as we sipped milkshakes and watched the sunset.

It was just me, him and our puppies.

*** THE END***

***
So this is the last chapter and the end of the book, I hope you enjoyed do comment your feedback.

I hope to write more in the future, until then goodbye and happy reading!
𝚇𝙾 𝚇𝙾

~T. ♡︎