16. LILAC

(Emanuele's POV)

I went looking for Sofia at her place but Benjamin told me she wasn't home. I asked him where she could be and he told me that she had gone to the library. I thanked him and went off in the direction of the library.

On my way there, I saw the bakery and smelt something sweet and delicious being baked. (Yes, a bakery on the campus itself). I decided to stop by and grab a snack for us. I went in and the scent of chocolate filled my nose, I smiled at the chef, a close acquaintance. He had just made some fresh Chocolate croissants and was putting them on a tray.

"Good morning, chef!" I greeted him.

"Ah Prince Emanuele, good morning! How are you?"

"I'm fabulous! How about you?"

"I'm great too! Tell me, how may I help you today?"

"Could you pack me two of those very delicious-looking chocolate croissants please?"

"Yes sir, I'll be delighted to."

He packed them for me. While I paid for them at the counter. I took the bag and started for the library again. I was happy. I feel so lucky to have Sofia by my side.

We haven't told anyone about us, I insisted on it. In the past, any girl who was seen with me was attacked or hated and because of that, I haven't had a girlfriend or even a friend who is a girl for even a week. And she is a princess, THE CONCEALED PRINCESS.

I finally reach the library. I gave her a call but she didn't pick up. I tried a few times with no response. The library was dead silent. I walked around a bit and said Sofia's name over every section.

History; no answer and was deserted, so was Philosophy however when I said her name in the last Philosophy isle, I heard noises from the isle after that. I quickly rushed to that Isle I almost bumped into someone, I thought she looked like Cynthia but I did not pay attention to them.

I got to the first Isle, only to see Sofia on the ground and around her was blood. I dropped the bag of croissants and rushed to her, she was in tears. I gently tried to make her sit but she groaned as I did so. She had a nosebleed and a torn lip. I asked her to try and keep her head up, for the nosebleed. I was about to call the medical room when she vomited blood and passed out. I couldn't bear to watch her in this state.

I picked her up and ran for the medical room. I tried to wake her up but there was no response. I ran and ran until finally reached there. I quickly took her inside the staff working there quickly rushed to me. I lay her on the stretcher and the nurses and doctors took her for tests and treatment.

One nurse stood with me and tried to calm me down. She asked me to sit down and handed me a glass of water. She asked me to call someone and gave me a form to fill out. I tried to hold the pen steady but my hands were too shaky to write. I managed to call Damien and asked him to come to the hospital.

He arrived in a few minutes. I told him what happened and he took a seat beside me, filling out the form I was unable to.

After about an hour of waiting there, a nurse came up to us. She had a tense look on her face. We got up from our places looking for answers.

"Do you know how this happened?" She asked us.

"No ma'am, I was looking for her and found her in the library, lying on the ground and there was blood all around her." I informed her. "Is she okay?" I asked.

"I'm sorry to say but we have to shift her to a hospital. Her injuries were quite severe and have caused damage to the intestine, which has caused internal bleeding."

I couldn't believe what the nurse had just said.

"Could one of you please inform her parent about it? And one of you will have to come with us to the hospital."

"Yes ma'am." Damien said.

The nurse walked away as I fought back tears. Damien called Sofia's father and asked me to go with the nurse to the hospital. I followed the nurse and got into an ambulance. Sofia lay there with an oxygen mask, a blood pouch and an IV.
Her cuts were covered with bandages. My heart sank as I looked at her condition.

We quickly drove her to the hospital. I held her hand all along. Slowly, tears started to Well up in my eyes. Ho could've done this to her. Suddenly, I remembered the girl I bumped into when I was going into the literature section. And if I remember correctly she had red hair, just like Cynthia's.

Fury took over me. Cynthia had gone way too far this time. She was gonna pay for what she had done.

***

Sofia was rushed to am O.R. as soon as we reached the hospital. After what looked like hours of waiting, they finally came out with her. A doctor called me aside and told me that she was out of danger, she had to spend a week in recovery though.

I was relieved at this. I walked into Sofia's room and sat down beside her on a small stool. I took her hand and sat there.

"I promise, whoever did this to you is going to pay for it."

I sat there for hours trying to figure out everything. Eventually, sleep got the best of me.

***

Aww... Emanuele, only if there were people who cared like him.

Happy reading!

~T.