Chapter 6 - The Crazies are the worst

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

            (Hopefully that wasn't obvious)

            "So, boys, super to super, what's the purpose of this interview?"

            I looked tentatively over at Chase. I wasn't sure how much we were allowed to tell him about this.

            "Well," Chase took charge, "I'm pretty sure we need to get MASKED some information regarding her boss."

            "You mean her poor excuse of a reason for being a villain? I'm sorry boys, but we get villains coming in here all the time saying that they were hired by someone else as a way to avoid punishment."

            "Did you get a psychologist to talk to her then?" I voiced.

            "Well . . " The Warden sighed. "We did. But, after three sessions, she talked the psychologist into committing suicide."

            Chase let out a low whistle.

            "What about the guy she named as the real mastermind, Nemesis. Have any other villains used that name to blame their actions on?"

            The Warden sat back in his chair. "I'd have to check the official records, but I do know of one other. He was the only one to stay for less than a day before being broken out. The only super villain to ever break out of Alcatraz, in fact."

            "Smith." Chase nodded.

            "Yeah, that son of a bitch told the guard that some guy named Nemesis was going to break him out. We all thought that he was just a raving lunatic. I guess we were wrong."

            So that was how he'd broken out on the day of the Great Battle.

             Archer's father's records showed him as being on an overnight business meeting on the night in question. That was how he'd covered his tracks.

            But why had he been reluctant to join the super villain business again? What had changed when he had became mayor?

            "Why are you so interested in this Nemesis guy anyways? Is he real?"

            Chase and I shared another look.

            "Yeah, that's why we need to talk to Ven- Francis ASAP."

            Ten minutes later we were sitting in an open room with a one way window behind us and a two way window in between us and Francis Parks.

            I could see that she hadn't changed much since her prison sentence. Her hair was still wild and it seemed that she still had all of her snake-like qualities, including the forked tongue and two sharp canines. Her skin did look a little less tinted green, but that was most likely due to being away from the sun for so long.

            "Welcome, boys." She smiled, showing off her teeth.

            Chase and I sat down in two chairs which were (thankfully) not too close to the glass that separated us from her.

            "Francis, we need to know about Nemesis."

            Her face turned cold and she looked at me with a hateful and scornful gleam in her eyes. "Francis Parks died a long time ago. I am Venom now."

            "Alright the, Venom." Chase leaned back in his chair, relaxed. "What do you know about the guy?"

            She smirked. "I know a lot more than you'd think. But he knows all."

League of Legends - third book to Damsel on Distressजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें