Chapter 29

"No!! " I screamed and ran towards them, but it was too late. "Thorin!! " Dwarf fell to the ground.

Brothers attacked Azog, but he easily defeated them, as did Bard, Gandalf and Bilbo. In the blink of an eye, several orcs appeared and captured them.

"Stupid kid. " Pale Orc said in his own language. "Everyone you love is dying... Maybe now I should start with him..." He pointed at Kli.

"No! " I shouted at which Azog looked at me again. "You want me, not them!"

Creature smirked and slowly began walking towards me.

I felt tears running down my cheeks. I dropped my sword. Later I removed the dagger from the back of my belt and threw it away as well.

"Lia, what are you doing?! " Kili shouted.

"What I have to..." I replied. "He wants me, not you... "

"He's gonna kill you, and then us! " Fili shouted.

"They're right! " Bilbo shouted. "Don't do this! "

"Thorin died because of me!" I sobbed.

"It's not your fault! " Kili shouted and tried to free himself, but it was for nothing. "Don't do this! I beg you! Lia! "

"I have no choice..." I said.

Azog approached me with that mocking smile of his. He looked at me from head to toe and laughed ominously.

"You stupid, naive..." He began, but he didn't have time to finish, because someone stabbed him through with a sword. I took a step back, surprised.

"And who's naive here now? " Familiar voice asked.

Orc fell to its knees, and then I saw the face of my savior.

"T-Thorin...?" I said through my tears.

Dwarf swung at the Pale Orc and beheaded his head, then looked at me.

I couldn't believe that. My heart was filled with joy.

Orcs who were holding the others backed away, terrified. Our companions took advantage of this and killed them in seconds.

I stood frozen and stared at Thorin.

"It's okay..." He said with a smile and walked over to me. "It's over now. "

I didn't answer anything, I just started to cry. Dwarf approached and hugged me. I cuddled up to him, trembling all over, and Oakenshield was trying to calm me down.

"But..." I started, but my voice failed me. "Azog ... He stuck his sword in your heart... How... "

"Shhh...." He stroked my head. "It's all over, my daughter. "

I looked at him in the eye. Thorin, seeing my confusion, smiled slightly and took something from his armor. They were broken pieces of something white, and when he gave it to me, they fell apart into even smaller pieces... By Durin! It was the Arkenstone!

Thorin managed to hide it under his armor, and when the Pale Orc stuck his sword into his heart... The stone saved his life!

After a few moments, the pieces of the gem began to turn to dust, and after a while they disappeared completely.

"This is the end? " I asked incredulously.

"Yes. " Oakenshield confirmed. "This is the end. "

I nodded, smiled, and hugged him again.

"Who would have thought..." Bilbo said. "Dwarves, smarts and manners? " He smiled.

I laughed at his words, and after a while the others joined me.

***

After the incident on Ravenhill, we returned to the rest of our Company. Fortunately, nothing happened to anyone. They all were waiting for us. We hugged them and told them about everything. A lot of people died, but for the righteous cause. They fought for good and freedom. Azog is dead, dwarves have their home and the king back, and I have my father and family back.

Now we had to deal with the burial of the fallen and the cleaning up of Erebor after all these passages. Humans, dwarves and even some elves, including Legolas and Tauriel, helped us, and within a few weeks everything was back to normal. The throne room, chambers, corridors, everything once again delighted with its beauty. We rebuilt the gate and the forge. Everything looked like new. We also helped the people of Lake-Town rebuild Dale. Thanks to the cooperation, everything returned to its former order. Thorin gave them the promised share of gold and people could start living again. Oakenshield even gave Thranduil white stones, made of a pure world of stars. Both rulers decided to make peace, and so it happened. And tomorrow, Thorin was to be crowned.

Everything started to fall into place.

***

I was sitting on the bed in my chamber now. It was really beautiful. The floor was covered with marble and the walls were painted blue. There were pictures on them. One of them featured Thorin with my parents, and next to them was a girl I saw in the woods and two boys. It was me with Kili and Fili. I smiled at the sight of this photo. I had the same in the necklace my parents gave me. I felt one salty drop trickle down my cheek and I wiped it quickly.

"I'm proud of you, flower. " I heard a voice so familiar to me.

"Dad? " I looked ahead. He was standing there with my mother.

"We both are." Mom added and smiled warmly.

I smiled back, but even so, I felt more drops of tears running down my cheeks.

"I miss you..." I said, my voice breaking.

"We miss you too." My mother replied.

"But remember..." Dad crouched next to me. "Remember that we'll always be with you. Always. " He smiled.

I just nodded.

"Will we see each other again? " I asked through my tears.

"Yes honey. " My mother replied. "We'll be waiting for you on the other side. " She sent me a warm smile again, which I returned.

"I love you. " I said.

"We love you too, little flower. " Dad replied and wiped my tears, then he walked over to my mother and took her hand.

"We love you. " Mom said and after a while they disappeared in the sunshine.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------

Finally, I can tell you! From the moment I wanted to write this story, I wasn't going to kill ANYONE from the Durin's Folk. I love them as much as you do, and I had no heart to kill my favorite characters. ♥ I hope you liked the chapter, let me know in the com.

The epilogue will also appear soon, so see you later ;)