Chapter 26

*MALIA*

War is a terrible thing. I hope that this one will be my first and at the same time the last one. So, we got Thorin back and followed him into battle again.

Bombur honked his horn and then each of the warriors stopped fighting, and now everyone was looking towards the mountain. We smashed our fortress with a big bell and ran after Thorin. The troops of Ironfoot stood by the mountain, and when they saw that we were running with our king into battle, they immediately joined us.

"To the king!! " Dain screamed.

Azog's army was really strong, but when our leader was someone like Thorin Oakenshield, then even impossible, will become possible.

I dealt blow after blow quickly. I had to have eyes around my head if I wanted to survive. I cut off one of the orcs' head and stabbed the other with a sword in heart. Each of my subsequent moves were similar only they had to be much faster. One of the orcs wanted to twist my hand, but fortunately I managed to take out the dagger and stick it in his neck and after a while the creature was lying dead. I turned behind me and saw that Balin was in trouble so I ran to help him.

"Thank you." He said, and pierced another enemy.

"At your service! " I shouted back and bounced another blow and then I swung and cut off the creature's hand. He looked at me sadly, apparently he thought he would overtake me and I would lose my arm, but none of that. I stabbed him with a sword in his heart and turned to Balin again. "Have you seen Thorin or any of the brothers?"

"They're there. " Pointed to the west. I thanked him and ran towards them, killing more creatures along the way.

"Malia!? " Dain asked in disbelief. "By my beard, but you have grown up! And how beautiful you are! " He said with delight and then hugged me.

"I'm also glad to see you. " I smiled.

"Did you find your loved one there? Because if not, I can help you. " Dain laughed.

"No, thanks. " I replied quickly. "Actually, I already have an eye on someone." I looked at Kili and he looked at me, then he sent me a wide smile and together with Fili they attacked more orcs. "I'd better help them. " I said, to which Dain laughed, and I ran to boys.

I deflected a blow that was repressed in Fili.

"You're welcome. " - said and cut orc's leg, and when he fell to his knees I cut off his nasty head.

"Anytime! " Fili called with a laugh and attacked another creature.

"I already thought Dain would persuade you." Kili laughed.

"You're kidding? " I replied with a smile. "As I said... I already have an eye on someone." I winked at him, to which dwarf laughed.

Another orc swung at me, but I managed to bend down. They attacked me from two sides so I first bounced the blow from the right, and then I quickly turned to bounce the one from the left. I pulled out the dagger and joined it together with the sword to deflect another blow. I twisted creature's weapon and kicked him in the stomach. He flew straight to the boulder and didn't get up again. I cut orc's leg on the right, and when he fell to his knees, I approached him from behind and cut his throat.

"I hope you've got a plan." I heard Dain's voice from behind. I guessed he was talking with Thorin.

"Aye. " Oakenshield replied. "We're going to take out their leader. "

At these words, I turned towards them.

"How do you want to do it? " I asked. I wanted to say something else, but it wasn't given to me, because something heavy hit me and I flew a few meters back.