Chapter 6

We fell down and down, and every now and then in the corners we collided with each other. The tunnel seemed to have no end, but after a few moments I saw light and a big hole. The first half of our Company has already fallen out of it, and after a while we have too. Dwarves fell on top of each other. I was lucky to fall last, or else I would have been crushed by Bombur.

I groaned in pain, I was all battered. I was about to get up when I felt someone grab me tightly by the shoulders and pull me back. I turned around and saw a whole bunch of goblins, and one of them began to pull me away from the Company.

"Kili! " I screamed.

After a while, the rest of the goblins began to take the remaining dwarves along with our burglar.

"Lia! " I heard Kili's voice behind me.

I struggled to free myself from the goblin's grip, but he was too strong. I wanted to grab my dagger, which I had in the back, but goblin noticed it and snatched it from my hand and then punched me in the face.

"Let her go! " Thorin shouted, but goblin acted as if he couldn't hear him at all.

Their hiding place was inside the mountain. It was huge, everywhere was full of wooden bridges and torches that were supposed to illuminate the road. The goblins led us across several of those bridges. I didn't know where they were pulling us, but I knew that it was definitely not for any welcome treat in our honor. Well, unless this treat was to be prepared from us.

We walked a long way until the Goblin-Town appeared to our eyes. You could see the houses, each of different sizes, and each was built of wood. The road to them led through bridges similar to those we walked.

Suddenly, the sound of a horn sounded, and after a while you could hear the music. Quite bizarre, but goblins liked it. We walked in the direction from which it came. I had a bad feeling.

After a while I heard a voice. Someone sang to this melody. Person to whom voice belonged was terribly falsified. We got closer and I saw another goblin, but ten times bigger and thicker than the others. He had a wooden crown on his head, and under it a handful of long gray hair. In his hand he held a wooden scepter, at the end of which was placed the skull of an animal. He also had a beard, but not like some of the dwarves in our Company. This one was more of his body and was quite long. I guessed it must have been their king. King of the Goblins. His face was so ugly that it was simply a pity of words.

He sang, and after a while he began to dance. Every time he brandished his scepter, we had to bend down so as not to get hit by him. The music began to end after a few moments and he finally finished his singing as well.

We stood with our whole Company and waited to see what the king would say. I was standing between Balin and Dwalin. Kili was standing not far from us, and behind us I also saw Thorin. But one person I missed.

"Bilbo..." I thought. "Where's he, he was here a moment ago? "

"Balin...?" I whispered. "Where's Bilbo? "

Dwarf looked around.

"I have no idea. " He replied.

"Silence! " Goblin King yelled at us.

He watched us for a moment, then sat back on his throne. He trampled on one of the goblins, which I thought served as his footstool.

"Catchy, isn't it? " He said. "I't one of my own compositions. "

"Am I supposed to be honest or nice? " I replied first. "Because if I should be honest, it's terrible, and If I should be nice it's um... You have not matured enough to create compositions worthy of attention or even awards. "