With our entire Company we looked at the archer.

"It's true, sire. " Alfrid added. "We all know the story. Arrow after arrow, he shot. Each one missing its mark. "

After a moment of silence, Bard approached Thorin.

"You have no right..." Archer said. " No right to enter that mountain."

"I have the only right. " Dwarf replied to him, then turned to the ruler again. "I speak to the Master of the Men of the Lake. Will you see the prophecy fulfilled? Will you share in the great wealth of our people? What say you?"

There was a momentary silence. The fat man thought for a moment, and you could say he was calculating what he would get from Thorin. He was cunning, and it showed.

"I say unto you..." Master began. "Welcome! Welcome! And thrice, Welcome! King Under the Mountain!

Bard got even more nervous and left the square. All in all, I felt a pity for him. In the end, he was afraid of what could happen. The truth was, if the dragon was still there, there was a risk.

***

The ruler invited us to a feast, so it was finally possible to get a good meal. When Kili was talking to Fili, I went to our hobbit. I wanted to thank him for sponsoring Thorin.

"Are you full?" I asked with a smile.

"Oh, yeah. " He replied. "One more bite and I think I'll burst. " Laughed, and I joined him.

"You know..." I started. "I wanted to thank you for vouchering Thorin."

"He keeps his word. " Baggins said.

"Yes. " I confirmed. "Always. "

Bilbo smiled then tilted his head down.

"What about Kili? " He asked, still not looking at me.

"Not the best. " I replied sadly.

"He's strong, he'll fine. "

I also hoped so. I looked at brothers. It was obvious that Fili was also worried about his brother.

I looked back at Baggins, who was playing with something in his pocket.

"What is it? " I asked.

Hobbit looked at me. He wanted to tell me something but hesitated. Only the third time did he dare to show it to me. He had a gold ring in his hand. I didn't touch it, but I felt from a distance how it dominated with enormous energy. As soon as he showed it, I heard frightening screams of people. I shook myself up and asked where he got it from.

"I found him in the goblin cave. " He replied. "Every time I put it on, I become invisible. This is how I escaped from goblis and this is also how I freed you from prison. "

"Anyone else know about this? " I asked looking at my friend.

"Except for you, no. " Burglar replied. "Just please ... Don't tell anyone, okay? "

I just nodded to indicate that I wouldn't say anything.

During the evening that followed, we talked to Bilbo about many things. It also turned out that we have quite a lot in common. For example, the fact that we hate clutter. We talked about everything and nothing at the same time.

Even though hobbit put the ring back in his pocket, I still felt how powerful it was. I was convinced in the world that I had heard some rumors of a similar ring, but I didn't mention it to Baggins because I wasn't sure it was the ring. But it all seemed quite strange...

***

In the morning we were supposed to go on a further journey. We were given new weapons, and some of our Company were given various festive clothes. We were going to the boat that we were supposed to cross to the other side, and on the way we were wondering where our Bofur was. Thorin said if he didn't come, we would just go without him.

Fili helped me get into the boat, and as I turned to check on Kili, I saw Thorin telling him to stay. Fili and I exchanged anxious glances.

"You'll stay here. " Thorin said. "Rest. Join us when you're healed. " Added and walked over to the boat, and Kili began to slowly back away.

Tears filled my eyes, I didn't even know why. I blinked several times to keep them away. Oin, as our doctor, said he would stay with Kili.

"Uncle..." Fili interjected, drawing Thorin's attention. "We grew up on tales of the mountain. Tales you told us. Yoou cannot take that awal from him! " Blond boy said. "I will carry him if I must! "

"Fili, one day you'll be king and you'll understand..." Oakenshield replied. "I cannot risk the fate of this quest for the sake of one dwarf. Not even my own kin. "

I lowered my head sadly. I knew Thorin was right in part, but it was about Kli...

Fili disobeyed Thorin and got out of the boat, but his uncle grabbed his arm.

"Fili, don't be a fool. " He said. "You belong with the Company. "

"I belong with my brother. " Fili replied to him and went to his brother.

I watched the whole thing happen, then glanced at Thorin.

"Don't you even think about it. " Oakenshield looked at me.

I moved closer to get out of the boat, but Thorin stopped me.

"I know how much you care about him. " He said. "But Fili and Oin will stay with him, and you'll come with us. They'll be fine, don't worry. "

I looked at Thorin with tears in my eyes, then glanced at Kili. Thorin was right, I cared about Kilim, a lot. This strange feeling has been with me for a long time. After all the years we've spent together, could it be more than just friendship?

"I'm won't leave him..." I whispered, but I knew Thorin heard me. "I'm sorry... "

Oakenshield smiled slightly and then kissed my forehead. He understood what was going on, he understood very well. He shook my hand and helped me out of the boat. I hugged him goodbye and whispered a soft thank you and then went to Kilie.

"Lia? " Kili asked incredulously.

"You missed me? " I asked with a slight smile and knelt down beside him.

"But..." He began, but I cut him off.

"I won't leave you. " I said. "Don't even think about it. "