"Thank you. " I replied. "But I don't want your help. "

"Nothing threatens you here, my dear..." He said. "And we just want to help you. " Added gently.

"Oh, really? " I asked in disbelief.

"Malia. " Gandalf interjected. "Let them help you."

"I don't want help from the elf. "

Thorin turned and walked over to me. He smiled slightly and then said in a whisper:

"I'm glad you support me, sweetheart..." He said, and took me by the hand wanting to see the wound. "But I don't want you to suffer. " Looked at the wound and then turned to Elrond again. "Will you help her? "

"Of course. " Replied. "Come with me. " He addressed his last words to me.

"You'll not go alone. " Thorin interjected and turned to me again. "Kili will go with you. "

I glanced at the brunet. Dwarf nodded as a sign that he agreed, and we both followed the elf.

***

Elrond led us down a long corridor that seemed to have no end. On its sides stood columns that supported the ceiling, and the walls were decorated with various paintings. Finally, the elf turned into a room and invited us inside. He told us to make ourselves comfortable and wait a while for him to bring the things we needed. Kili and I exchanged glances and started looking around the room. After a short while, Lord Elrond came back to us and told me to sit down. I made the request and sat next to him. Kili immediately came up and stood by me like my guard.

"What is it? " He asked when Elrond began to soak the cloth in something.

"Water. " Lord replied and looked at him. "Don't worry, I won't do anything to your girlfriend." Added, and Kili and I exchanged glances. I felt myself blushing.

Of course, neither of us protested. Kili was very important to me, but I never had the courage to tell him that. And I don't think he told me everything either.

Elrond gently began to wipe my wound, and when he finished, he put on a bandage with a dressing to speed up healing.

"You must be hungry. " He said and began to clean things up.

"Not at all. " Kili said sarcastically. "Where did this idea come from?"

Elf glanced at him.

"Your stomach rumbles. " Said and smiled.

Kili glanced at his stomach and then back at the elf and said nothing more. Seeing his expression, I started laughing. Brunet looked at me and shrugged his shoulders as if to say, "What?" I just shook my head, took him by the hand, and walked out of the room behind the elf, dragging dwarf with me.

***

When we came to the "dining room", the other elves were just giving away a meal. We took a seat next to Fili and Bilbo.

Thorin saw us and glanced at me. I nodded my head as a sign that everything was fine and sent him a smile, which he reciprocated after a while.

"I don't like green food. " Ori said.

"Try it. Just a mouthful. " Dori said.

"Where's the meat? " Dwalin asked.

"Have they got any chips?" Ori said with hope in his voice.

As Ori said, there was far too much green food here. I admit that sometimes I ate something green, but here it was too much of it. In addition, this music... The elves played harps and flutes, which slowly drove me crazy. I glanced at Kili, who was looking somewhere ahead. I looked in the same direction and saw an elf playing the harp. I glanced back at dwarf and saw him wink at her and smile.