The Break in

Kai's pov...

It's summer break, no school work, all my relatives are out of town, there's no Host club so no Hikaru and my birthday falls soon.

Yay for me. Note the sarcasm. I look up as my cell rings and yay it's Hikaru.

"Hey what's up.", I say hanging upside down from my bed.

"Hey Kai, summer's boring, none of our toys are around.", he says.

"Well it's not very interesting here.", I say noticing headlights outside and a large van. I peek out the blinds as two guys get out coming up to my door. Apparently I spoke to soon.

"But you know what, you guys should all drop by." I say putting a chair up to the door.

The guys eyes are slightly bloodshot and I can hear them argue about breaking in the front and back.

"Won't your parents mind?", he says.

"They're out of town Hikaru, but I'm sure there fine with it.", I say snapping pics with my cellphone camera.

"Kai, why's your voice shaking?", he asks.

"Nerves, and there's some strange guys outside.", I say finding my Taser as the door out front can be heard being busted open and I grab my knife clipping it to my pants as I slide under the bed.

"Hey big score tonight!", comes a guys voice.

"Hikaru those weird guys just broke in.", I say.

"It'll be ok Kai, Kaoru's calling the police now, just stay on the line with me.", he says his voice steady but laced with concern.

My bedroom door opens as the guy throws things around and I stay quiet and put Hikaru on speaker hiding my phone against the wall.

The invader picks this moment to flip my mattress, "Lookie what we have here, some hot tail too!", the stoner says.

"In your dreams buttwipe !", I say kicking his groin, before I scramble up to my feet and run for the door only for the second idiot to burst through and grab me. I head but him busting his nose. But he doesn't flinch. "Crap your a meth head!", I yell before he smacks me into the wall.

"Hikaru! Hurry!", I shout as I struggle.

Hikaru's pov...

I could hear Kai and those men on the phone as I and my brother ran for our car.

"Kyoya says his family's police force is on the way. ", Kaoru says as we jump in the car and rush to Kai's place as Kaoru returns to fielding calls from host club members and Kyoya. I held the phone close as I heard Kai struggle and yell. Please just let her be ok.

When we arrive Kyoya's there and his force is gathering. "Kai.", I say as I hear her yells from both places. The others arrive as the cops run in through Kai's busted door and cringe as I hear more fighting and i look as i spot a window get busted out and I spot my Kai fall out, as gunshots go off inside.

"Kai!", I shout as she gets up in what's left of her ripped pj's and looks at me before scrambling up to her feet and running

"Hikaru!", she shouts

"She's got a limp.", Kyoya says as I run for her and scoop her up. She leans into me as she wraps her arms around me.

Kyoya leads me to an ambulance. Were Kai hangs on to my hand as they and I look over her. She's got cuts from the glass, lots of bruises and a fat lip.

But she looks beautiful, despite everything. Kai stays calm but holds my hand still. She watches with me as two bloody men are dragged out in cuffs.

One with burn marks on his shirt.

"Taser, I broke loose and tasered him.", she says. " but their meth heads, they felt no pain they're so strung out. "

An officer leads her off to take her statement then she come back to the ambulance. And the other hosts rush her asking what happened as she sits next to me.

"They broke in, found me and were trying to get there jollies. I hope his testicule I stabbed falls off.", she growls.

"When are your parents returning .", I ask.

"It was supposed to be in two weeks.", she says her face in her hands.

"Hikaru, I just called mom, she said Kai can use a guest room.", Kaoru says as I notice Kai's a little cold cause her shorts are torn and her bra's peeking through. I pull off my outer shirt and wrap it around her and my arm stayed there.

"Well boys were gonna finish up Kai at the er you can meet us there.", the paramedic says.

"Can Hikaru ride with me?", Kai asks.

"No cause as a precaution we got to perform a rape kit, and ask some personal questions." the lady says.

"Please.", Kai says pulling out her puppy eyes.

"Fine he can ride, but has to leave when your examined.", she says.

Timeskip...

After we're at the er I'm shoved out and sit in the waiting room with Kaoru.

"Hikaru, is she ok!", my mother rushes in concerned looking.

"Ya, a little shook up but Kai's strong.", I say.

"Ya mom,according to the officers her attackers were so high Kai stabbed, pepper sprayed, and tasered them among other things and they kept at her.", Kaoru says.

"Oh the poor thing.", she says I brought her a change of clothing and slippers."

"Thanks. Mom I'll take them to her.", I say as she hands me a bag. I head back to Kai's room,

"So Kai, is that handsome guy that accompanied you your boyfriend." a female asks and I freeze.

"No, but I'm hoping to change that." She says

and I can feel myself blush because now I know Kai likes me too.

I knock on the door and the nurse lets me in.

"My mom brought you some clothes.", I say handing it to Kai, who smiles gratefully.

"Thank you so much.", she says tiredly.

another hour and we're in our limo with my mom headed home. Her and Kai's meeting went well, and she thought Kai was adorable.

On the way to our place she sat next to me in the car and fell asleep. She looks so cute asleep.

When we get home I carry her in and we find a guest bed to tuck her into. After tucking her in i kiss her forhead and catch her smiling in her sleep.