Chapter 2 ♧

POV~Jamie

I don't know how much time has passed since we entered the cave and the pack was getting a bit restless. The soldiers, or whatever they are, have been taking samples of the area and inspecting everything. After another hour they left, and to be sure we stayed in the cave a bit more. With some effort I made the wall disappear again and the wolves ran out, stretching their limbs that were sore from all those hours staying still. 

I think it's best if I work a bit more on the cave because if we would need to hide again I want to have a better hiding spot. I should start with making the cave bigger, I put y hand on the ground in the middle of the cave and summon the buzz feeling. After a while, the cave is way bigger and it even had 4 rooms now. An entrance hall, a living room/playroom, a storage room, and a sleeping hall that is just big enough for all of us.  there was no furniture yet but feeling my dizziness again I want to be careful with how much I used my ability. I'm asking myself if I could maybe let plants grow with my ability, that could come in handy for food. After resting up for a bit I went back to working on the cave, I made some better breathing holes and peaking holes. Then I passed out from exhaustion. 

When I woke up I made a small underground canal for water from the ponds to enter the cave. Then I made a big pond in the living room so we could bathe even when not outside. I also compressed some stone really hard and subtracted all the pigment so it became a clear crystal-like stone. then I made bigger light holes and filled them with the crystals so we would have light inside every room. After all those things I was way too tired to continue and fell asleep on the cold stone floor. 

I woke up with a familiar tongue licking me, I smiled and patted the cub's head. Then I looked around and saw some of the wolves who were getting used to the new cave. I could still feel how much using my ability drained me and made a note to myself I should watch out next time. I checked my food stash and notice some bugs were eating from it meaning I could not. It was then I decided to test my ability's limits so I planted what was left of every kind of berry I still had. Then I touched the ground it was planted in and concentrated as the buzzing started a could feel something crawl over my hand so I looked and saw it were some roots. I continued growing the berry bushes until they were a bit less than a meter. I could already see some berries here and there. so I took a few and ate them. to sleep more comfortably   I took some moss inside and made it grow just big enough for my head. I couldn't make it bigger because I only had a drop of power left. so I gathered all the wolves and made a fast head count and was relieved because everyone was there. Then I sat down and played with the cubs. While doing that I realized that I had never once seen the wolves consuming anything at all. All they did was bathe in the sun and play, maybe some form of photosynthesizing? Well, it did not matter as long they were safe and healthy everything is alright. it was already late and the light in the cave began to fade, which indicated that the sun was setting outside. So I moved myself and the cubs to the sleeping hall and laid my head down on the small piece of moss. 

When I woke up I went outside for a bit of air, but the moment I stepped outside I noticed that there were berry bushes everywhere it was gotten completely out of hand it was like the bushes protected the cave in a defensive circle. though I should make a gate or something to be able to pass through. not now though for now I should just pick some berries and make my stash bigger. I need to keep an eye on the bushes because they were already over a meter.  when I was back inside I decided that I would need to make some furniture, so I first went to the living room. I touched the ground waited for the buzz and pictured a small table, after some time it rose from the ground. Then I tried a couch and it worked! this was the first time I had done two specific summons and it worked! I was feeling a bit tired though so I rested a bit on the stone couch before continuing. next up was a fireplace, I made sure there was a fence-like thing to protect the wolves. I even thought of a shelf with a baking tray for making something and a hook for a kettle. I did need to rest more afterward, I was pushing myself too hard and I knew it. Before going to sleep I took some moss from outside and made it grow in the living and on the couch so we had a carpet and a softer couch. I then fell asleep in the living room.