"Thank you, I tried my best for you tonight." He smiled. He reached over and gently placed his hand on mine, stopping me from playing with my fingers. "And you look stunning, as always."

I looked back at him and his hand on my own was warm and soft.

"Thank you." I said. I looked back at our hands touching. My heart was racing and my whole body felt hot.

Austin looked down at our hands then back up at me. He pulled his hand back to how he was positioned before.

We pulled up to a red light and it was kind of silent in the car. I could feel the tension already and how nervous we both were. It felt like we were two nervous high schoolers that were out on their very first date ever with the crush they've been longing to be with.

"You're not from New York, are you?" I asked, looking at him. Striking up conversation.

"No but I know my way around." He said. "I'm originally from California but I had to be in New York for a little bit before for Broadway and things like that. It was pretty fun and it allowed me to get to know the city more." He looked at me as he spoke.

"Oh cool, so you were here for Broadway this time too after Elvis?"

"I'm in New York because I got a cologne brand deal with Versace now, I just got it after Elvis wrapped filming, and they offered me free tickets to come to the Versace show and I wasn't doing anything else so I thought why not." He shrugged. "Got a hotel, been out and about for like a week now. I actually like New York a little bit more than Cali. Especially now, I kind of don't want to go back." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ah, so that's why you're here! I'm happy they gave you those tickets."

"Me too, or we wouldn't be here right now."

"You're right." I nodded. "Why don't you want to go back to Cali if you don't mind me asking?" I furrowed my brows.

He stayed silent for a moment and looked past me. I could tell something was really bothering him and he started thinking about something he definitely didn't want to think about. I immediately spoke up.

"I'm sorry if I—" I began but was cut off.

"No no, you're fine.." He trailed off. "Just uh, problems back home that I don't want to face." He sighed.

"Oh..." I nodded.

The light turned green and Austin began driving again. He glanced at me.

"Are you from New York?" He asked.

"Yeah, born and raised." I said happily. "In Brooklyn actually. I've been there all my life and I didn't really leave until I started modeling."

"Really? Did you want to model?"

"Yeah I did. It was always a dream of mine." I looked out the window, eyeing the high rises. "I used to sneak in my mothers closet and take her clothes and shoes." I laughed. "I'd put them on and play dress up. As a kid, to me her closet was a place of endless possibilities. My mom would get so mad at me for messing up her closet. 'Nia, how many times I gotta tell you to stay out my things!'. I said trying to recreate her voice.

Austin laughed.

"Yeah, when I finally got signed that's when the world opened up to me. I didn't think the fame would be as bad as it is. Especially after my mom died I kind of lost myself but I eventually got my bearings."

"Im sorry to hear that." Austin said, being sympathetic. "I know exactly how that feels..."

I looked back at him.