Instinct.

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song if I put one in.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(What Kissy's thoughts could've been when meeting the Player. And how she decided to show mercy.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

The little human is frightened.

They should be.

Behind her smile in a vengeful toy. Learning of his death, her brother's downfall brought a sense of justice to Kissy Missy. As well as a need for revenge. Tracking down his killer to show them how it feels to be tossed over a fence like they were nothing.

His screams echoed in her mind.

HelphelphelphelphelpsomuchpainpleaseKissydon'tabandonme-

She hadn't made it in time to save Huggy Wuggy. The younger toy whom she consider her younger sibling dead, cold, lost to the factory and death because of the little intruder. Threatening Kissy with the action of pressing a finger to the button triggering the hands of their grabpack. She's like six feet taller than them.

Yeah, Kissy was afraid of a little hand smacking her.

Shouldn't we exceed our vengeance?

The human is trembling now. They're backing away and preparing to run as if they had faced this exact scenario before with Huggy. The brief chase through the vent before they accidentally knocked him off his high horse and literally over the edge of the bars to his demise.

I never meant to.

Somehow, they were connected. Mentally, spiritually, physically. Their so-called bond tethered their souls-

Oh, she wasn't talking about the human. Kissy heard Huggy calling her a mile away. She'd been too late save her little brother, but Mommy stepping in and fixing the injuries put her in an impossible debt.

"I can fix our little blue friend! In exchange for a price..."

Is a deal Kissy never wanted, but had too agree with if she wished her counterpart the best recovery possible. Even if Mommy was known as a vicious beast, her nature naturally took its course and she ended up helping them in exchange for Kissy's undying loyalty.

But as she pressed down on the lever, albeit with some trouble because of her wobbly arms. This body was technically still new, so she couldn't fault herself. The target on her mind to kill the human.

Shouldn't we give them a chance?

Two sides fought over Kissy's will. Her humanity and the beast. Both of them in a never ending battle to convince her to do certain actions on their behalf. She stiffened, hinting that she was listening to the voice.

How are we supposed to trust them?

Turning around one last time, Kissy and the human made momentary eye contact. The desires and their wishes to relieve them from this was a reason she'd let them go. To continue their pointless little journey and hopefully defeat Mommy. Kissy would admit she was making sure they were real and not the result of the two sides clashing for dominance. But she had to walk away as she had some of her own business to attend to. Namely taking care of her idiotic counterpart since Huggy attempted to capture the human for an unknown reason.

They don't look like nor do we know the story behind his death. Help them and leave the human alone. We have no business with a thing like them. And they are Poppy's. Poppy only keeps the perfect ones.

She would admit that they had a point. This human seemed innocent (for now). And the door only raised halfway than intended. Kissy was always known as the better half. And as she analysed the fearful looking human, pity grew in the depths of her stomach. The cannibalistic thoughts shattered and she was able to see them for who they truly were.

Someone destined to make an effort and save them all from this never ending loop of torture.