"Trust me, you wouldn't. But in life, we don't always get what we want."

I can't believe she admitted she wished I was dead. Who openly says that to someone, for God's sake?

"Why am I not surprised that's the first thing you say to me after all this time?"

"You should expect no less from me, dear."

"What are you doing here?" Beau interrupts, walking over to his mother.

"I heard what happened, so I came to take care of you." She places her hand on his face and examines his body. "How are you doing? Harvey told me Delilah is the reason you are in this state. I must say I'm not surprised about that."

I laugh dryly. "Of course not. I'm sure you believe I intentionally hurt him." I step away from the stove and get closer to them. Once I am, I can see Jenny's face more clearly. I might hate the woman, but I can't deny that she's beautiful. Her brunette hair falls down her back in curly waves, and her lovely blue eyes sparkle when they're not filled with hatred for me.

"I wouldn't put it past you," she snaps.

"I can't believe you haven't changed at all in seven years." My head shakes in disbelief as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Why should I have? What I believe you are capable of will never change."

I don't even know how to respond. All I can think about is the disgust I have for this woman. "Will you leave on your own, or do I need to have security help you out?" Jenny continues.

"Excuse me?" I ask, baffled by what she just said.

"Security it is, then." She says while retrieving a phone from her Hermes handbag. Oh, great. I'll need to sell mine now that I know Beau's mother has the same one. I love that purse, but I don't want anything in common with Jenny.

"Mother, what the hell are you doing?" Beau demands, confused.

"What am I doing?" Jenny replies with indignation. "I should be asking you that. What is she doing here?"

"She's taking care of me."

"She's taking care of you? Do I look stupid to you, son? She is wearing your clothes at eight o'clock in the morning. I am starting to think you don't love her as much as you claim you do."

"Huh?" There's no way I heard that right. Beau told his mother he was in love with me? How long ago? He'd only said the words to me again after seven years last night. I don't understand what's happening.

"Please put your phone away," Beau says. "Lilah was just about to leave."

As the words leave Beau's mouth, I look at him, stunned he's essentially letting her kick me out of his house. You've got to be kidding me. Even after seven years, Beau still behaves like this around his mother.

"Somebody, please, pinch me," I chuckle, before turning to Beau. "If your mother has a problem with me being here, then I think she should be the one to leave." I know Beau and I are not together, but there is no way I will let his mother kick me out. I hate the woman too much to let that happen.

"Beau Andrew Williams," Jenny says Beau's full name. It sounds almost like a warning.

Instead of answering her, Beau looks at me, desperation in his eyes. "Delilah, please don't do this."

"Seriously? You were all up in my business a few minutes ago, and now you're telling me to leave your house—just because your mother wants me gone?"

"I'm sorry," Beau says, reaching for my arms, but I slap his hands away.

"Fuck you, Beau," I say, storming out of the kitchen.

"Delilah, please don't take this the wrong way," he says, following close behind.

"Leave me alone," I snap, walking up the stairs. I am not spending another second in a place where I am not wanted.

I barge into his room and quickly try to find my clothes. I've never felt more humiliated in my life. I let this man touch me—even though he is the last person on this Earth who I should have—and now he's kicking me out of his house because his mother wants me gone. Could I be any more pathetic?

"I know you don't understand, but I am doing this because I care about you."

I pause from searching for my undies and turn around to face him. "You are kicking me out of your house because you care about me? Are you nuts?" I bark at him. "Where the hell is my underwear?" I shout in frustration. I don't mind not wearing them, but I'll be damned if I leave them here.

"I don't know, maybe in there." Beau points to one of his wardrobes. I walk over and search for them. Thankfully, they're not hard to find. I stuff the panties into my handbag before removing the boxers and the t-shirt I've been wearing, too angry to care that I'm now naked in front of Beau.

Once I have my dress on, I walk out of the room with Beau still trailing behind me. As I reach the front door, I turn around to face him.

Shovingmy middle finger into his chest, I bite out, "If I ever see you within fivefeet of me, I'll cut off your balls and feed them to your mother. I don't wantto see your face ever again." The door bangs loudly behind me as I walkout. I've never been so pissed off. God! I hate him. I hate you, BeauWilliams.