Waai Fu walks up to the group, facing Texas head-on, "And you must be Texas? Something crazy has happened today, don't act like you don't know." She gets out sternly.

Texas just stares at her, while I move back a bit, not wanting to be bothered with fighting if things get hostile.

"You guys cause innocent people to end up hurt, destroy their property, and so many other things. Can't you think like normal law-abiding citizens for once?"

Texas is silent.

The entire street corner is silent.

...

"So what?" Texas says.

"So we must correct your defiant behavior." Waai Fu answers.

"Sure." Texas says before anyone gets the chance to speak up, not that anyone seems to be bothered.

"Let me just give you a disclaimer, so much stuff has happened today that is either completely out of our control, or just plain baffling. All of it was exhausting." Texas says, "So I'm just not in the best mood. You hear what I'm saying?"

"I do hear what you're saying, and I do not care." Waai Fu answers, "One on one right here, right now. If I win you guys simmer down... for at least a month."

Bison slowly deflates, not being able to process the words he's hearing.

"And if I win, all your goldbricking busybodies have to mind your own damned business." Texas says, setting the stakes.

"Fair, fair" Waai Fu says, agreeing to said stakes, "But I won't go easy!" She says before heading in with a high kick.

Texas immediately parries before returning with a kick of her own, which is in turn blocked by Waai Fu.

They trade blows for an exorbitant amount of time before a crowd of drunkards slowly approach and begin egging them on.

"Hella yeah! Two hot girls fighting Kung-Fu! WOO!" One of them yells to many, many cheers from the crowd.

Even Exusiai and Sora seem to get in on it, cheering on Texas every hit she gets.

...

It's a sight, to say the least.

It's also a loud one. A very loud one.

Loud enough for me to have to move back in order to not irritate my stupidly sensitive ears.

...

"Soda, want some?" Someone says behind me.

"No, I'm fine... Aren't you going to try to stop this?" I ask them.

"No point, you know that's not in my abilities." The man, who reveals himself to be Jaye, answers.

"So you just wanna watch?" I ask him.

"Sure, nothing like seeing a fist fight between two people in the middle of one of the most celebrated events in the city's history."

"Mhmm" I agree, deciding to pull out a cigarette.

I'm pretty sure that in Terra, races here are much more powerful than regular humans, so smoking shouldn't be as harmful to me.

...

But that's probably just a cope, smoking makes me feel cool and it helps me stay level-headed, so that's probably why I do it.

"...Want one?" I offer a smoke to Jaye.

"Sure, thanks." He says taking it, using a lighter from his own pocket.

...

For some reason, everything has just hit me now.

Arknights: Living the Dreamजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें