Chapter 8: Red-Handed

Megatron left Roxy on his nightstand so that she would cool down. Her frustration was clearly evident and Megatron did not need to be bonded with her to know that.

"Lord Megatron!" Knockout ran up to the warlord, who had been previously pacing around his throne.

"What is it, Knockout?" Megatron demanded.

"Well uh, you see, so I saw your pet throwing a tantrum earlier and I thought you would like to use this." Knockout held out a small metal chip.

"What is it?" Megatron questioned.

"Holoform device." Knockout grinned proudly.

"He probably got bored only being small enough for drive-in theaters." Starscream smirked, stepping into the room.

"Starscream." Megatron turned to the seeker. "Weren't you supposed to be guarding a mine?"

"It was attacked, unfortunately." Starscream shrugged.

"You let one of our mines get into enemy hands!?" Megatron growled.

Starscream smiled nervously. "Ah, no, my lord. I blew it up before they could acquire any of the fuel."

Megatron backed down and nodded. "Very good then."

"Also, I think it is far past time for me to meet our newest human member." Starscream said, flexing his sharp fingers. "For professional reasons, of course."

Megatron frowned. "Do you not remember what happened last time I allowed you access to a human?"

"We got the omega keys?" Starscream guessed.

"No, you fool! Silas became a monster and attacked our army. An attack which Soundwave dealt with." The warlord growled.

Starscream let out a tense laugh. "I assure you, Lord Megatron, I only mean harm to our enemies."

"She will not be aboard the ship much longer." Megatron informed him.

Starscream grinned. "Ah, so the fleshy has outlived it's use. May I have the pleasure of offlining it?"

Megatron sighed. "We are not killing her."

Starscream's eyes bulged. "You're letting it go?!"

Megatron stopped his pacing and glared at the second in command. Starscream took a step back and smiled nervously.

"I'm going to go... watch a mine."

"Good idea."

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

Megatron stepped into his berthroom and looked at Roxy, who was sitting on the edge of the nightstand, her legs hanging about a hundred feet above the floor.

"So you want me to infiltrate the Autobot base so you can find their location and destroy them?" She asked quietly.

"Yes."

"And what happens to me once they're dead?"

"I kill you."

Roxy nodded. "That's what I thought."

Megatron narrowed his eyes.

Roxy looked over. "When am I going there?"

"Whenever you're ready."

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

Optimus Prime narrowed his eyes. "Ratchet, there appears to be nothing here."