THIRTEEN. the "better man"

Bắt đầu từ đầu

No matter the circumstances, no matter how shitty things ended, they would always have a soft spot for each other.

OLIVIA ARRIVED at the deb and sat at her table with Melody patting blush on her cheeks.

"So? Did you ever find a new escort?" Melody asked.

"Yep."

Olivia had never been a good liar, but lying about having an escort couldn't be so bad. She'd only be standing on that stage, alone, with eyes all on her.

"Good!" Melody smiled, "You're going to look gorgeous up there. Best deb of the year."

Melody pushed Olivia's head down gently to view her face, her glasses pushed high against her nose bridge.

"This is a big step for you, Liv. You'll spit in the face of those snot nose bitches that you... are that bitch."

Olivia laughed, standing up and grabbing her roses from the table.

"And if your escort is Conrad." She whispered, "Don't worry about Nicole. I got it under control."

"What did you do to her?"

"I'll let you that if she ever pulled that shit on you that she did with Belly, her life would be completely over." Olivia smiled softly and Melody gently shook her shoulders, "You'll be fine. No worries."

Olivia nodded and Melody left the girl alone.

She made her way backstage, she stood with the red roses in her hand, biting down on her lip as she waited for her name to be called.

Looking across... no escort.

Would she embarrass herself by not having one? Absolutely not, but that didn't mean she would feel embarrassed.

She shoved her glasses into her dress pockets and shut her eyes for a moment, trying to calm down some of her nerves.

"Olivia Lovell. Daughter of Jessie Summers."

She shook the last of her nerves and looked up. Her eyes widen as she saw Conrad now standing in the once vacant spot.

She held her confused look as he held a small smirk, gesturing his head towards the crowd, waiting for her to walk out.

She nodded and stepped out, Conrad copying her steps from the other side and soon the two of them stood in front of the crowd as the woman read the attributes about Olivia.

"What are you doing?" She asked in a mutter.

"You and I both know that you deserve to have a good time just like Belly and Jere." He smiled, "Where are your glasses?"

"I thought that if the crowd was blurry I wouldn't have to see their faces when I came out here alone."

"I think you better with them."

Olivia rolled her eyes, "Says you, four-eyes. Where are your glasses, huh?"

Conrad tied holding his small smirk as it grew into a smile.

The woman had finally finished reading Olivia's achievements, the duo made their way down the steps and in the forming circle with the others.

She plucked two of the roses from her bouquet as she handed them off to her mother. She gave Susannah a rose.

Susannah had done no wrong to Olivia and had always welcomed her with open arms.

As for the other rose, she tucked it into the pocket of Conrad's suit jacket.

Everyone was absolutely right, Olivia deserved to have a good time and nothing would ruin that for her.

- lucy has something to say !!

one more chapter me thinks 🫡

also i'm a human beingggggggggg i make spelling mistakes all the time now leave it alonnnnnnnnnnneeeeeee

guys i got c*vid so that's what happened with me 🧍

y'all aren't gonna hate me 😭

bye :))))