025

Blue Moon

Dani's pov ☀︎

Dani's pov ☀︎

Homecoming. I feel like I've been waiting for this day since the school year has started. It's my senior year so I want it to actually be good. Both of my parents are home, which for me makes it more special. Plus it being my last homecoming and all that. I've had my dress picked out for about a month now and it's just been sitting in my closet. It's a bright pink dress with a deep v in the back of the dress, and ruffles at the top. Which I think is gonna be a pretty popular dress design this year but still I really love the dress. Robin hasn't told me what she's wearing so I'm just hoping that it'll match. Though we can't like really go together, we still want it to be like how a "normal" couple would go.

"Danielle, I'm going to need you to look up if you want your hair to look good," my mom told me tapping my shoulder. I titled my head up as she took a comb teasing out my hair. She left my bangs out and pulled some of my hair to the back doing a half up half down look. She then put in a flower clip on the side of my hair, that the hair had been pulled up on. "You're just so beautiful," she told me leaning on her chin on my shoulders with a smile as we both looked into the mirror.

"Thank you," I smiled back at her before she patted my back and stood up.

"Well I'll be downstairs. Yell if you need me!" she smiled covering her face as she walked towards my door.

"Mom don't cry," I told her with a small chuckle getting out of the chair.

"What? I can't cry cause my baby's all grown up now?" she responded with a smile with a few tears on her cheeks.

"I'm not all grown up," I tell her holding one of her hands.

"Well you'll be off to New York University next fall. Marie's off in college. My girls are all grown up," she smiled before pulling me into a hug. "I'm so proud of you sweetie," she told me and I could feel her pulling me in tighter.

"Hey mom. Can I talk to you about something real quick?" I asked and I could feel my heartbeat starting to beat faster.

"Yeah of course," she responded and let go of me. She stood there in front of me and I have never felt more scared in my life to tell my mother something.

"And before I say this...I just want to remind you I'm still the same Dani," I started telling her as I messed with the bracelets on my wrist.

"You're not pregnant, right?"

"No! No!" I started laughing and she let out a sigh of relief.