014

Feel anything at all

Serena's Pov

"No D, you don't understand! He's so sweet," I tell Dani as we're at our lockers putting our things away.

"Serena might I remind you that you've said that about every guy and they always end up treating you bad?" she asked giving me a look.

"This time it's different!" I say as we start walking to our first class.

"You said that last time," she reminds me. I just rolled my eyes before we entered the classroom and I sat down at my seat. Thirty minutes into the class I had realized Iris never showed up, which is unlike her. She would usually walk in around five minutes after class started. My stomach had this sinking feeling because I haven't heard from her in a couple weeks. Sure she had been at school but she started coming less and less.

I tapped my pencil on my beak anxiously watching the clock for the bell to ring so I would be released from school. But the next thirty minutes couldn't seem to pass slower. I finished the worksheet early so I just sat there as Dani seemed to be scribbling on her paper since she had finished too.

Finally the bell rang and I practically ran to the door. "Miss Adams!" Mr. Sars said motioning his hand to tell me to come over to him.

"Yes?" I asked holding onto my backpack straps.

"I think you would benefit coming to a couple math tutorials. I know you have a B+ in this class but I know just with a little extra help we could get that up to an A!" he smiled.

"Yeah I'll try to come!" I told him nodding my head before he dismissed me and I rushed to my locker putting away my things then going out to the parking lot. Dani had seemed to have already disappeared so I headed out to student parking. I got into my car driving straight home. When I got home I saw another car parked in the driveway. My eyebrows turned upwards since both of my parents wouldn't be home for hours.

I got out of my car and headed inside seeing my older brother sitting on the couch with a brunette girl on the couch. "Serena!" he yelled getting up giving me a hug and patting my back.

"Charlie?" I asked with a surprised tone as I hugged him back. I stepped back a little after, "What are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms with a confused face.

"Well as you know Catherine and I got married a few years ago," he started as I nodded my head, "well she's pregnant!" he exclaimed with a smile on his face as Cat came over having her hand on her belly.

"Congratulations guys!" I said with a smile on my face before giving them both a hug. But for the life of me I can not stop thinking about how that happened. Ew.