010

Mad Max

Dani's pov ☀︎

Dani's pov ☀︎

"Robin what's going on?" I ask her crossing my arms as she just looks at me.

"It's a really long story," she says rubbing one of her arms.

"Well we've got plenty of time," I say sitting down on my bed waiting for her to sit in front of me, which she does.

(you can skip this lol it's just a recap of everything)

-
"Ok so basically last summer Steve and I were working at the mall. And well Steve's like friends with younger kids because he like dated one of their sisters. But those kids found this girl in the woods the year that Will Byers went missing. Her names Eleven, El for short, and she can move stuff with her mind. You know Hawkins Lab?" she ask taking a breath as I nod my head.

"Well this like monster got out then El fought it and killed it. Then she had to go into hiding because 'The Bad Men' were after her. So Chief Hooper took her in as his own. So for a while she stayed with him until things got crazy again. Max and her brother had just moved to the town and Lucas had a crush on her which brought her into the mess with them. Well Steve meets Dustin because Steve goes to the Wheelers to apologize to Nancy and then Dustin asks for his help. He agrees and they try and find dart. Which is like the Demogorgon, but like a dog. Anyways him, Dustin, Max, and Lucas fought this like big group of them off."

"You mean Steve Harrington fought a bunch of monsters off?" I ask with a small smile from finding it a little funny.

"Yes. Then blah blah blah El returns home and she closes the gate. So then me and Steve are working at the mall. Scooping ice cream for a living and all that. Well Dustin comes in looking for Steve, which I don't know anything but this yet. Turns out Dustin found a secret Russian code. We crack it in a day and then we try and find a way into the Russian basement. We do after I get the blueprints to the mall and have Lucas' sister Erica climb through the vents to let us in on the other side. We get in find out Russians can't make elevators. Some hours later we get into the control room they find us, drug Steve and I. Then boom Dustin comes in and the Russian doctor is like passed out. Well we find our way out, meet up with everyone else then kill the Mind Flayer. Which is this gross monster made of melted human and rat blood and stuff. And um yeah that's like basically it," she rambles picking at her nail polish.
-
I didn't say anything. I just sat trying to piece everything together. "And this all happened in Hawkins?" I ask in disbelief.

"Mhm," she nods her head.

"Um ok. That's a lot to take in," I say putting my hands together.

"Do you think I'm crazy?" she asks with an awkward laugh putting her head down.

"No, I believe you. Last summer weird shit happened and it was like no one knew anything about it. Like it was all ignored, so in a way it makes since," I say turning my head to the side a little rethink last years summer.

"Really?" Robin asks me putting her head up to look at me.

"Yeah like I knew it wasn't a fire that happened because the mall was still up. Everyone just said that's what it was. Did you think I wouldn't believe you?"

"I mean not many people would," she says laughing a little leaning back onto her hands. "But on the topic can you drive me to my house? Everyone's supposed to meet up over there in like 20."

"Sure, can I stay with you guys?" I ask, hoping she won't say no.

"Dani, this shits not like fun. You can get hurt," she tells me looking at me with concern.

"And you can get hurt," I say shrugging my shoulders dramatically. "Let me help you guys."

"I mean if that's what you really wanna do," she tells me getting off the bed. "Meet me at mine," she tells me walking towards the window.

"I can drive you, ya know?"

"Yeah but you're probably gotta tell your mom where you're going and like I've gotta get there right now."

"Ok, see you in a little," I say as she climbs out and I start changing into actual clothes. Instead of just being in my pjs. I put on some light washed baggy jeans and a cute jumper. I grab a small bag and put a t-shirt and some shorts into it incase I need to change. I throw on running shoes and head down the stairs. Luckily my mom was still down there watching tv.

"Danielle?" she asks turning around.

"Hi Mom, I was wondering if it's ok if I go to Serena's tonight. She just called me and she's crying because this guy just broke up with her," I lie.

"Oh yes of course. Tell her no man's worth her time," she says patting my hand before I leave out the front door.

"Jesus!" I yell as I'm scared by Marie sitting on the chairs out front. "How long have you been there?" I ask turning to her and putting my hair behind my ear.

"Um about an hour now. So that girl snuck into your room, huh?" she says taking a hit from her blunt.

"Yeah she came to talk to me about stuff," I say crossing my arms.

"Mhm, where you going now?" she asks pointing to my backpack.

"A friends house."

"Her house?" she questions.

"I've gotta go, byeee!" I say waving my hand walking to my car. I got in and turned on the radio before pulling out of the driveway. I started driving to Robins house and not too long later I had arrived. There was five bikes left out in the front lawn, including Robins, and three cars parked. I parked on the road before getting out and knocking on the door. Robin quickly came answering it. She had me bring my bag upstairs first before we both walked into the living room.

"What's she doing here?" Steve whispers to Robin as I sit down beside her.

"Well I called you at her house and she over heard and now we're here," she tells him as I just look at everyone else. "Um so this is D-," she trying saying before getting cut off by a red headed girl.

"Danielle Solace?" she says with a small smile on her face.

"You're a freshman this year, right?" I ask remembering seeing her face in the halls.

"Yeah," she says with a smile nodding her head.

a/n:

i saw batman today! (well today as in march 18)

also i'm sooo happy that max and dani are gonna have like a sister relationship 🙌

okk that's all byee have a good day/night/afternoon!!

(word count: 1192)