"Sure what time were you thinking?"

"Wednesday just go when they open. Saturday I haven't decided yet. Shame they're only open until 5 as I bet sunset would be perfect but I will know better when I have the pictures."

"I'm really starting to like my boss. I don't care what other people say. These field trip days are great!"  I laugh

Brads little request perked me up considerably however and my Monday wasn't too terrible.  Our meeting was regarding expanding the company which is very exciting.  It's a privilege to attend these meetings because I am not on the board nor am I a senior member of the company but Brad thinks I'm pretty smart so I come as his note taker.  It seems that they want to have an East Coast office as well as a base in Europe somewhere which I knew was coming as Brad has mentioned this a few times since are trip.  Tuesday is slow with not a lot to do; I even take a long lunch with Kate who is now considering going to UCLA. 

By the time Wednesday finally arrives I am buzzing with excitement about my field trip.  Brad asks me to take him to work like normal just like when we were looking for locations so Greg doesn't get suspicious.  I mean Brad is a really relaxed boss but it's safer this way.  Once we get to the office I run into my office to change into a cute white crop top with a jean skirt then I check emails since I have time the gardens don't open until ten.  I get a little wrapped up on a phone call when Brad comes in tapping his watch.  I don't know what he's so uptight about it's just after nine and it only takes a half hour to get there.  I'm sure the lightening or whatever won't look too different between 10 and 10:30 nevertheless I leave within moments of his impatient watch tapping.

I was right it's only 10:05 by the time I park in the parking area. I have my ticket so I head straight into the gardens making my way quickly to the Japanese garden because I personally think it's the most gorgeous area which of course I told Brad that day.  He asked me to start there but look at other areas such as the Shakespeare garden, the Rose Garden and the Chinese garden.  I'm making my way on the path that goes along the little river and that's when I see him.  I'm not certain it's him a first because he is turned just a bit where I only see the profile of his face with a hat and glasses on but then he turns and he sees me.  He smiles his gorgeous light up my world smile and opens his arms ever so slightly.  I don't know that it was his intention but my heart took over propelling me toward him.  Just like in the hotel he catches me swings me around then kisses me.  It's not a sloppy tongue filled kiss like you might see on tv instead it's a slow gentle kiss where our lips move together in perfect harmony.  We stand there kissing until we have to come up for air though we don't pull aparnI simply move my cheek to his neck to rest my chin on his shoulder.

"I didn't realize just how much I missed you until now."  I breath

"Funny I thought I knew how much I missed you though now I'm certain I was only half right."

Fearful he'll disappear if I let him go I finally pull back taking his hand in mine then I just stare at him.  He's let his hair grow a bit more which he has pushed off to the right under the loose baseball cap and he's a bit scruffy like he hasn't shaved in a few days.  He has on a dark green shirt that I know if it weren't for the sun glasses would make his eyes shine.  He looks like perfection to me.

"What are you doing here?  I'm not complaining". I feel like I have to reassure him.  "I am just shocked.  Not only that you're in California but that you're here in this very spot right now."

"I was hoping to surprise you.  After I spoke to you the other night and you told me about this place I texted Brad to first ensure he thought you would want to see me and then to see if he minded I used it for a special occasion as well.  I thought I could surprise you and have a day together just like we did back home."