Prologue 19: A Miracle Reconsideration!

Start from the beginning

Eventually, Crowley asked for the crystal. Once Alice handed it to him, Crowley told them to come to his office to discuss things further. "Could you explain in more detail?" he asked as they headed out of the Mirror Chamber.

Once they were in his office, the group told their headmaster everything that had happened

Once they were in his office, the group told their headmaster everything that had happened. From the moment they arrived at the mine to the ghost chase, to encountering that Faceless Monster and finally, to when they were able to defeat it.

All the while, Crowley's eyes were wide and he was entirely speechless by their story. Then he snapped out of his shock and crossed his arms pensively. "Hoh hoohh." Crowley hummed in his seat. "A mysterious monster living in the coal mine. The seven of you worked together to defeat it and bring back a magic crystal?"

"Yes." Aria said, nodding. "Well, we didn't really work together..." Ace mumbled to himself, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. He glanced down and quickly looked away with a faint blush when he saw Alice smiling up at him.

"It was more like our goals were aligned..." Deuce added. Crowley leaned back in his seat and just stared at them in pure disbelief. Is what they were saying true? They had actually worked together? And these four young ladies had convinced them?!

He just couldn't believe this. This all sounded impossible! But by looking at them, he saw nothing but the truth. Crowley's body then trembled as he raised his hands to his face. "Ooh...Ooooh...OOOOOOOOHHH!!!! OOOOOOHHH!!!" he suddenly sobbed.

The group almost jumped back in disbelief when Crowley suddenly began to sob uncontrollably

The group almost jumped back in disbelief when Crowley suddenly began to sob uncontrollably. He fell over his desk as he kept on crying, bawling like a baby. As the group all gawked at Crowley, they thought they heard him say something, but all that came out from his mouth were just choking sobs.

"U-U-Um, are you alright, sir? What's the matter? Why are you crying?" Alice gently asked. "What's wrong?" Aria asked with concern. "What's with this guy? Why is an adult bursting into tears?!" Grim questioned, getting uncomfortable for having to see the Headmaster like this.

Crowley then took in a few quick-paced breaths before he sat back up in his chair and looked at them with pure joy in his glowing golden eyes. "In all these years that I've been Headmaster... For the day to come that students from Night Raven College to go hand-in-hand to face and defeat their enemy!" he sobbed blissfully.