Prologue 15: The Faceless Monster

Start from the beginning

Several crystals shone from the walls which provided some light for the small group. They almost collapsed on the spot as they finally took a chance to catch their breath, now that they've escaped the ghosts.

"Is... Is.... everyone.... alright?" Alice asked between breaths. "I'm good...." Ace huffed. "Yeah....I'm okay." Deuce said, nodding. Alice turned to the other girls. "Arlo? Jazzim?" she asked. "We're okay...Don't worry." Jazmin said assuredly as she and Aria both tried to catch their breaths.

"Haah, haah... It looks like they're not following us anymore!" Grim said. "Man...! This place is haunted with ghosts, too!" Ace said. "We don't have time to deal with every single one of them. We'd better hurry!" Deuce said once he caught his breath. He stood up straight and tried to walk on ahead.

"He's right. We should keep on moving." Jazmin said as she and her friends proceeded to follow him, but then Ace became annoyed with Deuce's bossy attitude and ran up in front of him.

"Don't think you can just order me around

"Don't think you can just order me around." he snapped. "We wouldn't be in this mess in the first place if you hadn't done something so idiotic."

Deuce was greatly appalled by this as he glared angrily at the terracotta-haired boy. "You wanna talk about who started it? It's cause you wouldn't clean!" Deuce shouted. Ace and Deuce both glared at each other fiercely. Neither of them was willing to back down.

"Ace-kun, Deuce-kun, stop it! Please!" Alice pleaded. "Ffgna! That's on you! That's what you get for making a fool outta me!" Grim shouted, getting in on the argument. "Grim, don't goad him!" Jazmin said firmly.

Before things could escalate any further between them, Deuce suddenly swung his arm and slammed his fist against the stone wall, creating a dent and shutting their whole petty argument down.

"All of you! Do you understand our situation right now?" he shouted, making them stop. Everyone immediately went silent and turned towards Deuce. "We're all expelled if we don't get back with a magic crystal by tomorrow morning!" Deuce snapped.

"For the last time, stop acting like you're in charge here. It's really ticking me off." Ace said. "Why don't you three blockheads simmer down?" a voice suddenly said. Everyone turned around and saw Kira walking towards them. "Kiro-kun!" everyone exclaimed in unison.