24. Christmas extravaganza

Miguel was able to pull off the greatest surprise Janine could ever imagine. Actually, everyone at the party benefitted from the surprises that Miguel prepared that evening. Aside from the delicious food, lovingly prepared and personally supervised by Miguel, Janine had games and prizes where every guest went home with something. Even Miguel, who was the more seasoned party host between him and Janine, not only received a prize but was also pleasantly surprised at how Janine hosted the party – she got everyone to participate in the games and ensured that all the guests enjoyed.

The merry-making was heightened even more when, during an impromptu program where Miguel invited some of his staff to perform, Jinno, Janine's younger brother, appeared with their parents. They had arrived at Noods earlier and were entertained by Meng and Alden in the Miguel's office at the back of the kitchen. On Miguel's signal, Nanay Janet, Tatay Niño, and Jinno joined the rest of the guests at the party. Tears immediately flowed as everyone witnessed the reunion of Janine's parents and her grandparents. While in a group hug, Janine thought that Miguel was the one who hugged her from behind. But when she lifted her head, she saw Miguel standing across from her, clapping with the other guests. Janine turned her head and saw her Kuya Janno! He arrived on the afternoon when Miguel visited Jinno at school.

Just before the party ended, Janine thanked everyone for coming to the party. Miguel also announced that he would be closing Noods for the Christmas holidays – a first since he opened his first branch. His staff welcomed the break with a thunderous applause to show their appreciation. They also wondered why.

"Nay, Tay, gusto ko pong ipakilala ang boyfriend ko, si Miguel." Janine said, facing her parents and family Nanay Janet glanced at Mamang Amelia who nodded and smiled. Miguel turned to Janine's parents and slightly bowed at them. Her parents stood up and hugged her. Jinno, Nanay Amelia, and Papang Andres also came forward. Kuya Janno shook Miguel's hand. From what they observed in the few hours that they'd been together, Janine was very happy, and Miguel was thoughtful toward Janine and very attentive to his staff and guests.

Miguel's staff, who were witnesses to the budding romance, nudged each other as they clapped. Patricia stepped out of the restaurant to answer a phone call just when Janine's parents entered the room. When she returned, Patricia wondered why Chelo and Cherry looked dreamily across the room. Patricia glanced toward the 'stage' and saw the staff busy clearing the dining area at the end of the party. "Anong nangyari? What did I miss?"

"Marami." Cherry replied.

"You just missed something wonderful." Chelo added, she was still feeling giddy all over from what she just witnessed and heard. Manuel had his arm around Cris, they just smiled at Patricia when she glanced at them with a questioning look.

"Ano? Anong nangyari? Sino yung matangkad na lalakeng nakaakbay kay Janine? Ang pogi ah." Patricia said.

"Wag ka na umasa..." Cherry replied. "Miyembro ka pa rin ng SNMAP"

"Ha?" Patricia wondered.

"Samahan ng malalamig ang Pasko" Cherry said.

"Kanina pa sya nakatingin kay Nina..." Chelo added.