19. access

Janine was pleasantly surprised with the food delivered to her for lunch. The dry sinangag was just right with a few burnt clumps (tutong). Paired with the caramelized tocino and the 'kamatis na walang buto', Janine couldn't help herself and are with her hands. Miguel also sent two kinds of vinegar to dip the tocino in; Janine chose the spicier one. Surprisingly, Miguel's food not only brought comfort but made Janine feel well enough to make a quick trip to the convenience store to buy some snacks.

"Thank you for lunch." Janine texted Miguel.

"You're welcome. How did you like it?"

"Ang sarap! Naubos ko nga lahat e."

"That's good. How are you feeling?"

"May gamot ba yung tocino o yung sinangag? Baka effective nga ang kamatis with no buto."

"Anong pinagsasasabi mo?" Miguel replied, quietly giggling to himself while exchanging messages with Janine.

"Para kasing nawala na bigla yung lagnat ko. Bababa ako mamaya to buy snacks sa convenience store."

"Huy! Baka mabinat ka."

"Grabe to. Promise, okay na ako. Thank you talaga sa pag-aalaga mo."

"You're welcome. I was really worried nung hindi bumababa yung temperature mo."

"Salamat sa pagpunas mo sa akin."

"You're welcome. O wait, dadaan ako ng grocery mamaya. Gumawa na nga ako ng shopping list e."

"Why?"

"Anong why? Eggs lang at tubig ang laman ng ref mo, no? Tapos yung bread mo, malapit na mag-expire. Bibili ako ng fruits at veggies that will help boost your immune system."

"Wow! Chef na, doctor pa."

Miguel giggled much louder which made Pao and Alden look at him. Even Jep, who was mopping the floor, stopped and looked at them, glancing from Pao and Alden to Miguel. Jep laughed too, which made Alden and Pao look at him.

"Eh, tumawa si Sir Miguel e."

"Oo nga naman." Alden replied.

"Pero hindi nakakatawa yung hindi pantay-pantay na paghiwa nung mga gulay natin..."

"Ah eh, sorry po." Jep said, scratching his head. "Mapurol po kasi yung kutsilyo..."

"Diba sabi namin, dapat i-check mo muna yung kutsilyo bago mo gamitin?"

"Teka, i-test nga natin kung mapurol nga. Chef Pao..." Alden teased while holding up a knife and Pao held Jep, pretending to remove his apron.