Chapter 19

It's been two months since the day that forever changed my life. They have fully rebuilt Hogwarts now and our graduation ceremony is in a week. Nothing feels the same. Almost three quarters of my class won't be graduating because of what happened. It feels wrong to walk across the stage knowing that most of my friends won't be there, knowing that they didn't reach this day. Those who were badly injured were sent to St Mungo's Hospital. That's where I've been for the past two months. Right by Draco's side. I would never be able to forgive myself if I weren't here in case his final moments came. Those who weren't as badly injured were sent home immediately. They tried to send me home, but because Draco no longer had his family, I was his primary caretaker.

Because he wasn't hit with an unforgivable curse, they gave me a one in hundred chance that he would wake up. I told them to do whatever they had to do, no matter the cost, save him. I can't live without him, that's obvious.

I still remember that day, clearly, and I think I will forever. It's not a day that anyone would be able to forget. Because of Harry Potter, the love of my life is in a coma. Because he had to make such a dramatic appearance, Draco is in his place. I would do anything to make Harry trade places.

"Miss Malfoy?" A voice called out.

I loved hearing that, no matter if it was good or bad news, hearing them call me "Malfoy", always gave me hope.

"You have a visitor." The voice said again, it was Draco's personal nurse, Evelyn.

"You can let them in, Evelyn." I said.

Then, the trio walked in.

"What the fuck are you two doing here?" I hissed, "Hey Hermione."

"We are here to pay our respects." Harry said.

"Pay your respects?" I laughed, "Because of you. He is here. Because you just had to make such a dramatic entrance, just to show everyone you weren't dead, Draco might be."

"How is this my fault?" Harry yelled.

"How! Please don't tell me you've forgotten the day so easily already. You ran away from Voldemort like a fucking coward. Making him blast shit your way. You didn't even think about where you were running. You made Voldemort shoot shit straight towards us."

"I'm sorry-" Harry started to say.

"Sorry? You don't get to be fucking sorry, need I remind you that he was after BOTH of us. Not everything is about you. You aren't that fucking special." I screamed, "You are the one that should be in this bed. Not him!"

"You can't be serious." Ron said.

"Don't even get me started on you, fucking prick." I stood up, "You have the audacity to walk in here like you weren't a bitch to me my entire school career. Now that Draco's in the hospital you have the audacity to apologize? Forget that I can read your mind? I know you're happy he's here. I know your just so fucking greatfull that he might not live, all because you think you'll get a chance. You won't. You never fucking will. Get the hell out or I'll have security remove you."

"You think you're the greatest, don't you? Well you aren't. You're not special either. Forgive us for being rude. We will leave." Ron snarked back, "Come on Mione."

"She can stay if she likes, it's you two that need to leave." I sat back down, defeated.

Hermione grabbed the flowers that Harry and Ron were holding, whispered something to them, then closed the door behind them. She put the flowers and a card on his side table, opened the curtains letting in some light, "I heard sunlight is the best for people who are trying to recover." She said before sitting down beside me.