Chapter 17

"Baby!" Draco said as she shook me, "Baby, wake up."

I jolted awake. We were back in his room. "Huh, what?"

"Come one baby, we will be late." He said as he rushed to get my robe.

"Huh, what.." I said, rubbing my eyes, "Late for what?"

"The first day." He responded as he handed me my robe.

Then, the realization set in, "The first day!" I yelled, "What do you mean the first day! What time is it?"

"Seven Forty." He said.

"Fuck!" I screamed.

I jumped up out of bed and ran to the bathroom. Quickly brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, threw on a little bit of makeup, put my clothes on and rushed out of his room, grabbing Draco's arm in the process.

"Hey wait-" He laughed.

We ran through the halls, "Come on! It's our first day, baby!" I laughed, he laughed as well.

He ran behind me, holding my hand the whole way to class. First class of the day was The Defense Against the Dark Arts, with Professor Snape. We took the middle table to the right.

"All right, children. Settle down. Finish taking your seats and get out your textbooks." Snape said. "As you may recall, before winter break, we finished up the lesson on Legilimency. Who can tell me what our next lesson is?"

Multiple hands went up, including mine and Hermiones. "Miss Slytherin." Snape said.

"Occlumency." I said.

"And what might that be?" Snape asked.

"Occlumency is the art of closing the mind to exterior forces that may attempt to penetrate it." I answered.

"You are the perfect example of this. See because Miss Slytherin can read minds, from the very beginning of your Hogwart years, you were all taught Occlumency. Now that you are all year sixs, you will be taught more advanced ways of concealing your mind." Snape said. "Now Miss Slytherin, because you possess such abilities, later on in the course, we will see exactly how strong they are. Once you all have learned how to shield your mind, we will see if Miss Slytherin here can get into it."

"Excuse me sir, but I don't want her digging around in my mind."Ron said.

Snap stood straight up and walked directly to the back of the class, "And why is that, Wesley? Scared that she can do it?"

"I'm not scared, and no, I don't think she can do it. I've had my mind locked for years." Ron said.

"Please, it is so easy to get into your mind." I laughed.

"Do it then." Ron snarked.

"Yes..." Snape said, "Come Wesley."

Ron and Professor Snape walked to the front of the class, "Miss Slytherin, please stand."

I did just that, "Now, think of something you do not want Aster here to know, lock it down."

"Ready Miss Slytherin?" Snape asked.

I nodded. Ron was staring deeply at me. He was furious. Not even a few seconds of meditation and I was inside his head.

"Sir, his mind isn't locked at all. He purposely wanted me to know this." I said angrily.

"That is a lie. I locked it down exactly the way I was taught." Ron yelled.

"What is it that he is thinking of?" Snape asked.

"That's the thing, he isnt thinking of an image. It's a bunch of words. Reading, 'Knowing that you will easily be able to get into my mind, I won't even try to lock it. About your little speech yesterday, you might have everyone else fooled but not me. Deep down I know you feel self entitled, like a worthless piece of shit, and that you're hiding more than you show. You know that nothing is meant to be and that Draco is just using you. Why else would he be with someone like you? Someone that possesses the abilities you do. One that makes false rape acusations. Someone who just wants all the attention. You aren't as tough as you claim to be. You're just a little bitch.' For your information Wesley, not that it's any of your business anyways. Nothing you said was true. You can't break me. I have been broken so many times, you were not one of them." I said.