Chapter Thirty-Two: Calm

Magsimula sa umpisa

Bukas.

Sinulyapan ko si Raven na katabi. Magkasama kami sa Match A, pero mabuti naman at hindi kami na pair-up. Her silence right now is just a calm before the storm.

And I fear that the storm will be something we can never handle.

"Raven, are you feeling okay?" Azriel's direct question made Griffin and I pay attention.

"Hm?" she slowly raised her head and smiled. "Why not, AA?"

The casual use of his nickname quietly calmed me, but looking into Raven's eyes, my blood ran cold. Tumayo siya nang tawagin ang pangalan niya. Siya ang unang lalaban sa grupo namin, at sa nangyari noong nakaraan, not just from yesterday but the Obstacle War incident too, everyone is expecting a lot.

"Ba't namumutla ka, Tam?" tanong ni Griffin na inilapit ang mukha sa'kin. "Parang nakakita ka ng multo!"

A ghost? I guess so. But... the appropriate title would probably be a grim reaper. Because what I saw in Raven's eyes was straight-up murder.

Sobrang lamig ng mga mata niya na kahit ang dulo ng daliri ko ay giniginaw. Her eyes were always sharp and scrutinizing, but now, they were just ready to kill. That every soul who stands in her way would be either walking straight to heaven or dropping to hell.

Sa buong panahon na magkakilala kami, hindi ko pa nakikita ang emosyon na 'yon. Yes, Raven is harsh with her words and sometimes cruel, but she's never that ruthless.

No matter how any other would describe and paint her as.

"She's up against... 'Yan ang kaibigan nina Beatrix, 'di ba? Nakalimutan ko nga lang pangalan niya."

I nodded at Griffin's question. "Something May ata. She's worse than Beatrix, she just hates anyone who threatens hers and Dustine's popularity."

"The fuck?" Giovanni cursed from above. "Gumaganiyan pa sila dito?" he jumped from the top of the seat to sit beside Azriel, putting his arm around the other's shoulder. "Alam mo ba 'to, Az?"

Grumbling, Azriel pushed his hand away. "Not interested."

"Siyempre, ikaw pa. Konti lang naman kinai-interesan mo." he smirked, glancing up at me so I had no choice but to give an awkward smile back.

We're sitting in the waiting room of the Hantei Hall. Nasa left side kaming Match A habang sa right naman ang Match B. Meanwhile, the audience consisted of the academy students who are soulbearers, the academy council, and faculty, as well as the parents of the Selected who attended. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence that Raven was the first one to go up or if it was planned out.

When the ring, that signaled the beginning of the match, echoed in the whole arena, the fastest fight I've ever witnessed happened.

Parang kumurap lang ako. Like the wind that passed by, Raven moved so swiftly on the ring. She was standing on the farthest left, and when the match started, she was suddenly at the opposite end. Hindi lang ako ang napasinghap sa gulat, dahil maging ang kalaban niya ay 'di iyon inasahan. Without waiting for a second, Raven raised her leg high and kicked the girl down.

Sa loob ng limang segundo, bagsak ang kalaban niya.

There was pure silence in the air as the referee counted up to five. It was until he declared Raven the winner that the screaming started.

And my hair rose as I shivered at how terrifyingly dangerous Raven truly is. Hindi nagbibiro sina Griffin at Helios nang tratuhin nilang kakaiba si Raven, o nang sabihin nila na napakadelikado nito. Much more in a fight, because when she's dancing with blades and blood, Raven's warrior seems to grow.