Still, she refused to be the one to contact him first. He was the one who'd left, after all. And so, Moira had deemed him guilty of making the situation even worse. The fact Ollie was so upset by his daddy's absence only added to that feeling.

Finally able to distance herself from the filthy rich, perverted man, Moira made a quick escape towards the bar and sat down, ordering a Gin and Tonic.

The launch was being held in the ballroom, on the ground floor of the apartment building in which the condos were located. The entire space was decorated in expensive details, chandeliers, mahogany standing tables, marble floor, and so on.

To say Moira felt out of place would be an understatement. She liked the rustic and minimalistic styles much better than one as flawless as this one. She felt she couldn't touch anything or else she'd have to pay the price with an organ or a limb, everything looked so expensive and.. sickly perfect.

Taking a large gulp from her cocktail, as if to prepare herself, she zipped her clutch open and pulled her phone into view. She clicked the home button and her heart momentarily stop beating.

Harry:
- Baby, I'm so sorry for the way I beha.. -

Faster than ever before, she typed in her password and clicked the messages app.

Harry:
- Baby, I'm so sorry for the way I behaved. I shouldn't have said the things I did and I don't blame you if you don't accept my apology. You're a very independent women and I shouldn't have belittled you like that when in reality, I couldn't be prouder of the things you have accomplished. I'll make it up to you, I promise. Give Ollie a kiss from me. I love you, have fun at the Launch and I'll talk to you tomorrow XH -

Without further ado, she threw the entire glass of alcohol back and dashed from the bar stool, in the direction of her boss.

"Mr Starck?"

The old man turned around, his lips sinking into a kind smile as he saw who called his name. "Hello Miss King, I was just telling Mr Gregoriz here how great of an asset you are to Starck & Co."

"Uhh thank you." She smiled uncomfortably. "I hope I'm not disturbing?"

"Nonsense, silly girl. You could never disturb me!"

Moira nodded stiffly, "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Certainly!" he said, facing the man he was previously talking to. "You'll have to excuse me Mr Gregoriz, duty calls!"

"Of course." The man said before leaving them to their conversation.

Taking a deep breathe, she puckered up the courage. "You've been a wonderful boss and I am very thankful for all you've done but I uhh.. I quit. I can't do it anymore, I'm sorry. I'll come by with my lawyer to discuss the contract tomorrow and I-I.. I have to go."

Not giving him the chance to possibly deny her, she tried to make a run for it. But before she could disappear out of view, he called her name. "Moira?"

She turned around. "Yes?"

"I'll miss you."

Smiling in reply, Moira waved and continued to rush outside, quickly fetching her coat on the way out. She held a cab and jumped in, trying to remain polite and not scream the address at the driver. It was then, as the darkened NYC skyscrapers passed by, that equal amounts of relief and surprise rushed over her. That was a lot easier than expected.

She sent Finn a text.

- Finn, I'm on my way to you guys. Don't tell Harry, it's a surprise. Can you figure a way to sneak out and help me inside without him noticing, if it's not too much trouble? That would be great. What did I miss? -

Daddy UnknownOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara