"Fine then, have it your way."

Moira's heart pounded painfully in her chest as she waited. Her my palms grew sweaty, her ears straining to listen for any noises, and her eyes never strayed from the door.

But there was nothing.

---------------------------

"Haz, quit fidgeting." Finn hissed from beside him, placing his hands over both of his, securing them there to keep his friend immobile.

"Sorry." Harry sighed, trying to keep his voice down so the other guests wouldn't be tempted to try and listen in on their conversation.

"You look fine if that's what you're worried about."

"Very funny."

The grin slipped from Finn's face. "Is it Moira?"

Pushing his friend's hands away, he focused on his suit pants and faked interest as he traced a pattern. "You think I'd stay over at your place for three days because I missed our sleepovers?"

"Fair point."

Harry was quiet, concentrating on the presenter's voice as he announced the next performance. Mindlessly, he clapped along with all the other guests and watched as the singer appeared into view -dressed in something that looked like a plastic bag.

"Have you talked to her since the fight?"

"No."

"Have you tried?"

"No."

"Well, there's your answer then."

Harry tilted his head, his hands tensing into fists. "She could have easily contacted me."

Finn gulped down the last remains of his champagne and politely gestured a waiter for another fill. Once satisfied with the filled glass, he took a small sip and turned back to his friend. "Why would she?"

"Are you saying I'm in the wrong?"

"Hell yeah you are." Finn said condescendingly.

In one way or another, Harry felt a barely noticeable ounce of betrayal. Throughout the past three days, his best friend had listened to his endless venting without complaining or stating his opinion, just nodding or shaking his head whenever appropriate. And because of this, the current turn of events took Harry by surprise. "On whose side are you!"

"Nobodies. You're my best friend but she's the only person in the world who was able to tame you and I respect that." He uttered casually, grabbing a handful of salted almonds from a nearby snack bowl. "You basically told her your job is more important than hers and unknowingly belittled her. And instead of acting like a total bitch and offending you in all ways god forbid like she used to, she walked away from the conversation, and you walked away from her."

Harry swallowed thickly. "I'm so stupid."

"Tell me something I don't know." Finn laughed, finding himself hilarious as he pointed at Selena Gomez -who was seated a few tables away from theirs.

Ignoring his friend's comment, Harry dug into his suit pocket for his phone, and continued to send his fiancé a quick text once he'd grasped hold of the device.

When Moira heard the familiar message tone coming from her clutch, she had the strong urge to make up some lame excuse to end the conversation with one of the condo buyers. And all because she wanted to see who the text was from.

This was how it had gone for the past couple of days, every time her phone went off; she'd hope it was Harry, begging for her forgiveness. And every time without failure, she was disappointed to find everyone but Harry calling her and sending her texts.