13- 𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡 (𝙎𝙖𝙛𝙚 𝙋2)

Steve woke up early that morning and went up to the front desk to ask if it was okay for him to visit Eddie. He smiled with joy as the doctor said that he could see him for a few minutes, he needed to make sure he was okay and he felt like he needed to tell Eddie just how much he loves him. The romantic was so happy that Eddie was alive.

He walked through the door and saw Eddie in a hospital bed, bags under his reddish eyes from a lack of sleep, and his hair more messy than usual .

"Hey."

"Hey, Stevie."

"How are you feeling? Any better?"

"I'm alright. They gave me a lot of painkillers, and I don't feel like I'm dying anymore."

Steve was glad that the he was no longer bleeding out. "Were they suspicious about the wounds?"

"Nah, I think they just treated it like an extremely poisonous snake bite." Steve walked closer toward him from the entrance. Eddie sighed"They gave me some new blood too, which hurt more than I thought it would."

"Eddie, I can't believe you did that. If you didn't get help you would have been dead- if you were there for just a few more minutes the demobats would have eat-"

"I'm okay now, and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, it was reckless."

"I love you, Eddie, so please don't do anything life threatening and stupid again.

"I love you too, but what does that mean for you?"

"It means I'm kinda in love with you. And I know most guys would find that weird, so obviously you don't have to remain my friend, but I wanted to let you know how I feel."

"I don't think it's weird, Steve."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

Steve leaned closer toward Eddie, who was about to kiss him when the door opened. He moved back immediately.

"Heard you were in the hospital, so I decided to check in." A familiar voice said, as he closed the door behind him.

"Hi, Wayne." Eddie said, a smile on his face. His uncle was the only family he had.

"What happened, you alright? This one didn't get you pregnant or anything, right?" He laughed.

Steve and Eddie glanced at each other before Steve said "Nope. Animal attack."

"I'm doing alright, don't worry. I can get released in a few hours as long as keep cleaning my and re-bandaging my wounds."

"Good, man. I'll be there when you're home tonight."

"But I'm not allowed to smoke in here. Can you believe it?"

"I can definitely believe it, and that rule is good for you even though you don't like it."

"I suppose so."

"Well, I gotta head to work. Steve, make sure Eddie doesn't get into any trouble."

"Um- will do, Mr. Munson."

"Call me Wayne." He opened the door again and left."

"Damn Harrington, you scared of him or something?"

"No- not really, kinda." He said, causing Eddie to laugh.

"Do you promise you're okay?" Steve asked, still worried.

"I promise."

Steve hugged him, and he gave him company for a few more hours. They just talked, and it was really nice for both of them. They had an emotional connection, and neither of them had had that before.