9- 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙐𝙥𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝘿𝙤𝙬𝙣 (𝘿𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙋𝙩. 2)

Eddie woke up, startled to find a sleeping Steve with his arms wrapped around him. He wanted to get up to get painkillers for the hungover one, but then decided he didn't want him to wake up alone, even if it wouldn't make Steve sad, it would make Eddie sad for Steve to think he didn't care to stick around after one night.

He tried to go back to sleep, but it was hard when Steve was so close to him. How could I sleep again when he could just admire how peaceful Steve was? Eddie had seen Steve scared for his life, seemingly close to death, and stressed so much he was likely to go grey, and to see him at peace made him over flooded with happiness.

It was unusual, but Steve had made him happy, and that usually didn't happen unless it was something that involved music or D&D. Steve's head was cuddled into the other's chest.

Shifting his thoughts away from the present moment, Eddie thought back to last night. Steve was drunk. What if he didn't actually want to be with him? Steve could like him but not want to be his boyfriend. Though it's unexpected, he could even if been joking about it. He went back to the present moment.

'I'm in Steve Harrington's arms, I need to saver this moment, forever.' He thought. Eddie wrapped his arms around the sleeping one, which caused him to open his eyes.

"Hey." Steve said, as Eddie separated himself from the other.

"How'd you sleep?"

"I feel like shit but surprisingly it was good. You're a comfy pillow."

"I'm gonna get you some painkillers and water, I'll be right back."

He felt bad. Steve had never been in his trailer before, and it smelled so heavily of drugs.

Eddie made toast, as he couldn't actually cook, and brought it to Steve along with the painkillers and water.

"Thanks, Eds."

"No problem, Stevie."

Minutes of silence passed as Eddie tried to give Steve space because of what had happened last night. He didn't think Steve would feel the same way he did the night before.

"Can we talk about last night?" Steve asked, seemingly feeling better.

"Um, yea."

"Eddie, I like you, and although I was drunk, I mean everything I said."

"And I really like you, but you know me, am I really what you want when you could have some girl? A girl that has her life together,  a girl who isn't a 'freak', who is always sober, and who you can actually announce to the world that you love?"

"I know it's gonna be hard, but I want to be with you. I want you to be my boyfriend, and I want to be your's.

"Really?"

"Yes. I want this, I've been wanting it for a while."

"Me too, love, me too."

Steve's arms returned to the other's torso and wrapped around them, and Eddie reciprocated the motion.

"I didn't think you would stay, you know."

"What?"

"I thought I would wake up alone."

"I wouldn't ever leave you, Stevie. I had to make sure you were ok."

"You made it better."

"The painkillers, right? I got the good ones."

"I guess, but what really help was just you being here with me."

"Aw you sap, come here." He reached over and kissed the cheek of his soon-to-be lover.

"Will you go on a date with me? Like a fancy one at a restaurant?"

"I'm not good at fancy, but I'd love to, babe."

"Fancy or not, I'm getting you good food."

"Bitch, I'm on fucking food stamps."

"I'm paying, just please let me take you out."

"Yea, I'm paying half. I'll be there."

"Alright, we can talk about where to go later."

"Okay." Eddie looked at Steve, still unable to believe this could happen to him. That someone would really want him. He was overjoyed, and he was struggling to contain it.

Minutes passed as the two cuddles together. "Guess what?" Steve said, now playing with Eddie's hair.

"What? You okay?"

"Yeah, but I want you to know that you're extra pretty when you just wake up, when your hair is all messy."

"Steve Harrington what are you doing to me... it almost like you think my heart isn't a solid lump of coal." He dramatically said.

"I know it's not. You're a softie and no matter how you act in front of everyone else I know you're just a lovable soft dork."

"Lies."

"Says the one who's cuddling me."

"Whatever, man." Eddie said, but he didn't move away.

"Alright, I'm getting up. Time to start the day." Steve got up front when bed.

He was dizzy and almost fell when he first stood up as it was too quickly, and Eddie pulled him back down from the waist. "Baby you should rest more, and I want cuddles."

"Fine, just a few more minutes, only because you're so cute, though."

"Less talk, more affection."

"Alright, someone's getting needy."

Steve spooned Eddie, pulling him closer to him. "One more thing, though."

"Ok."

He turned Eddie's head around and kissed his lips, but it didn't last as Eddie was smiling too much. He got it together, then kissed Steve back, turning the rest of himself around to face the other. He deepened the kiss, knowing it was worth it to wait to have their first kiss, even thought he had wanted to kiss him the night before, and way before that.

Pulling away, Eddie said, "I knew it'd be better if we waited. I've been wanting to do that with you for forever."

"Me too, ever since the upside down." Steve replied.

"Ever since the upside down." He repeated.

"Your magical kissing skills have motivated me to try attempt number two at making breakfast."

The other checked his watch. "More like lunch."

"Alright. I'll make you a sandwich. I'm not your bitch, though."

"Yes you are." Steve teased as they walked out of the bedroom.

"Fuck off."

"You don't mean that."

"Yes I do."

"You're just hangry."

"Whatever, bitch."

"So I'm your bitch now?"

"No, stupid" Steve still was set on the fact that Eddie put up a tough act secretly was a softie. Nobody could convince him otherwise. Eddie moved to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. "You want sugar in your coffee, love?" Point proven, as his boyfriend could go from calling him curse words to cheesy nicknames.

Eventually Eddie finished making the good and sat down at his table next to Steve. "Y'know, I'm really happy a demogorgon didn't eat you, babe." Eddie was no longer being aggressive, as he now had food.

"Me too, but I'm more happy that we're boyfriends."

"Believe me, Stevie, I'm happier."