Come Back To Me (Part 2)

It has been several weeks since the assassination attempt, followed by the dragon prince being returned to his mother, and Soren was still feeling like a pile of ambler crap. He hadn't left the house, only walking out to the pond to look at the sunken silver flowers and glare bitterly at the one still standing. It just felt unfair that his beloved would never return home, while the elf who was like her sister was just prancing around in the human kingdoms, oblivious to what had happened. Even if she did know, he wouldn't want to see her again, afraid of just losing it and attacking her out of anger.

Actually, the one I want to kill is that target she was going for, I bet he was the one who killed her. Soren thought bitterly as he just lays on his bed and stared at the ceiling. Is he even alive? I bet Enya managed to kill him, or even wound him brutally just enough to make him bleed out after she died.

Ugh, just thinking of this made his heart ache badly. Why didn't he attempt to go with her to make sure she was safe? If he did, she would still be alive and with them.

"Soren! Get your lazy ass out of the bed!" Soren groans as he yanks the blankets over his head before someone forcefully yanks them off. "Enough moping! Even Ethari has been more productive than you!"

Soren glares at his mother, who was standing at the side of his bed, her hands on her hips with an annoyed expression on her face.

"Go away." The elf mutters as he turns away from her. "Let me mourn."

"You can't stay in your house forever like this, I know it seems harsh coming from me, but you have to move on from this." His mother states firmly. "Look, it hurts me too, Enya was a wonderful girl and I mourned for her. Her father is still in mourning, but even he's making an effort to be productive and do his work instead of lying in bed. Can you at least do that as well?"

"What's the point of going back to my job? Assassinating got my girlfriend killed, I see no point in continuing it anymore now that Enya isn't here to partner with me."

"It's not uncommon for assassins to die on the job, Enya knew the risks and knew she probably wasn't going to make it with that target being known to overpower and kill elves-"

"Oh my gods just get out! Get the hell out of my house and leave me alone!" Soren roars, sitting up and glaring at his now startled mother. "You don't know what it's like to lose someone you gave your whole heart to! I spent days and even weeks waiting for her return, only to find out I had lost her! I was going to propose to her and live a happy life with her! I didn't even get the chance to do that before that damn mission, she was taken from me and I am just sick of everyone telling me to move on! I can't just yet, I just can't! So get the hell out of my house and leave me the FUCK alone!"

His mother stared at him with a mouth opened in horror before she clamped it shut and briskly left. On some days if he snapped like that, Soren would have regretted it, but right now he didn't care. He was fine being left alone right now, which is what he needed.

"Soren! Soren!" The elf's head snaps up and groans when he hear's his sister calling for him. He shuffled to the window of his room and shoved the curtains open to find Claudia outside, her arms waving wildly.

"Kind of in the middle of mourning Claudes, can you come back another time?" He calls out.

"No! It's Enya! Yelnan found her!" Claudia yells and Soren felt his heart nearly stop. "Come on!"

Not caring that he looked like a mess or was missing shoes, Soren immediately leapt out the window and lands on his feet before falling to his knees. He scrambles to get up and takes off after his sister to the center of the village where he could see many elves gathered. He almost expected to find her body when he reached the front of the crowd, but something else was there instead.

Both her horns were broken, the stumps peeking over her dirty hair as she staggered forward and gripping her staff tightly. Soren could hardly contain himself as he broke away from the crowd to throw himself at Enya, who was standing there alive and barely well, nearly knocking her to the ground as he pulled her into a tight hug and sunk to the floor with her in his arms and sobbing.

"S-soren..." She manages to croak, her voice sounding hoarse and raspy.

Soren lets out a choked sob as he buried his face in her dirty hair before pulling away and kissing her, not caring if the others were watching. He feels Enya's grip on his tunic loosen before her arms are around his waist and kisses him back just as fiercely. By the time they break the kiss they are both out of breath and have tears streaming from their eyes.

"I thought I lost you! What happened to you?" Soren asks as he hugged his lover to his chest. "Ethari and I thought you were dead Enya, we saw the flower tied to your life force sink. We thought you died out there!"

Enya made a noise like she was trying to say something and Soren then noticed the bandages around her neck. He then felt a wave of range overcome him, now wondering if her target did something to hurt her. He then felt a hand on his shoulder and looks back to see Damiana nd Ethari, both looking relieved with tears in their eyes.

"We should get her to the healers, have her get checked." Damian says with a shaky voice. "Come, you can stay with her until the healer says to leave."

Soren nods as he carefully arranged Enya to lay in his arms and stands up, refusing to let go.

"You're going to be fine, I promise." He whispers to her. "I swear on that."