Blooming

Prompt: Moonshadow/Sunfire!Soren and Earthblood/Tidebound!Enya au I wrote many months before the Moonshadow au

---

"Hey is it just me or has our little Earthtide friend been acting a bit odd today?" Ella asks her sister as she glances at Enya, who was submerged in the water save for half of her head. "She won't even come out of the water."

"Leave her be, she's probably a bit upset over something." Britta says with a shrug.

"I'm not upset!" Enya protests as she rose out of the water so she could talk. "I swear!"

"Well you literally have been way too quiet since you got here, draped in a cloak to hide your head and just staring off into space." Britta points out as the elf swam over to the two sisters. "You know you can always talk to us if something is bothering you."

"It... it's nothing." Enya mumbles, looking away with a flustered expression.

"Hey, what's that?" Ella asked, leaning over to poke at something small and pink poking out of her friend's hair. "Britta, are you seeing this?"

"I'm seeing...flower buds growing in her hair." Britta responds. Enya gasped and her hands frantically flew up to cover her head. "Wait, why are those growing in your hair?"

"It's nothing! I'm fine!" The elf exclaims before ducking into the pond.

"Hmm...I've only seen something like that when Ella gets gushy over Corvus, and with me when I am around Janai." Britta says making frown at the ripples.

"Wait, you think Enya is getting flustered over some human?" Ella asks, a small grin coming to her face before Enya popped out of the water.

"He's not a human, he's an elf!" She exclaims before slapping her hands over her mouth.

"You have more pond lily buds growing in your hair!" Ella laughs as the poor elf looked away flustered, causing more buds to grow in her hair. "They're not glowing and blooming, so what's with these? You just happen to fall in love with some random elf?"

"Absolutely not!" Enya exclaims and wrings her hands in a clump of her hair nervously. "He...he has been coming to my lake to drink and to water his mount lately. All I did was...just look at him and...this happened."

"Was he shirtless? I bet he was shirtless."

"He was not!"

"Stop teasing her already." Britta scolds as Enya looks away in embarrassment. "Is this something that happens to water elves too?"

"No, it's just a thing that happens to Earthblood elves." Ella responds with a laugh.

"And I'm part Earthblood from my father's side of the family." Enya adds quietly. "So this happens to me too."

"That makes sense, the lilies." Britta said, reaching forward to touch one of the buds. "Guess you got a bit of a crush? What kind of elf is he?"

"Uh...I think he was a Sunfire elf? He wore a red and yellow shirt, his hair was blonde but he looked too pale to be one." Enya admits as her cheeks bloomed pink and some of the buds in her hair started to bloom a bit. "I was trying not to be seen by him so I wasn't sure."

"Awww, our little pond lily is getting a crush on a handsome Sunfire elf?" Ella cooes as she leaned over to hug her friend. "You got a big old crush on this boy?"

"If you don't stop I'm going to strangle you with grass." Enya mutters.

"Ella, stop teasing her before I push you in myself."

Ella releases Enya and sits back on the bank with a little smug smile while her sister shoots her a glare before turning back to their flustered friend. "Okay, maybe we can fix this by getting over your shyness with this boy. Have you tried swimming up to him or close to the shore for him to see you?"