Date with Nora

Naruto was still sleeping in Team JNPR's dorm. Pyrrha had woken before him and rubbed his mixed blend of red and yellow hair and smiled when she saw his peaceful expression. She gave him a kiss on the forehead and gently left the bed and away from the dorm.

It was two hours after she left that Naruto woke up and two minutes after he did that did he hear a knock on the door and thanks to his fox ears was there someone outside but there is something more.

It was...sobbing?

Naruto opened the door and saw it was Nora Valkyrie crying. She stuttered out. "Ren and I are not speaking right now...can I stay with you? He and Jaune can make do without me for a bit."

Naruto nodded and stepped aside to let her in. He sat down on the bed and she sat beside him. She sobbed quietly on his shoulder.

Naruto just sat there and let her wet his coat. He made no motion and he didn't ask until she was ready.

Nora sniffed and decided to speak. "Ren and I had a...falling out." Naruto didn't move to look at her but she knew he was listening. "Ever since we arrived in Atlas, he's been more focused than ever and he hardly speaks to me about it. He thinks that we should be ready at all times even though I kept telling him that we should take a break but he wouldn't listen and it got rather heated and then..."

Naruto shook his head. "No need to finish. I can imagine the rest."

Nora simply lay on his shoulder and stared blankly while Naruto did the same. He broke the silence by saying. "I know of a place where they sell pancakes. My treat."

Nora beamed at him and nodded.

They went to a restaurant aptly named Blue Plate Pancakes and Naruto ordered LOTS and LOTS of pancakes for Nora while he ordered smoked fish for himself. He just watched with amusement as Nora devoured all the pancakes he ordered for her like a hungry wolf. Not to mention she used up all the butter and syrup on her pancakes. He did get a spill of syrup on his cheek but he didn't mind and licked it off.

As soon as Naruto finished his smoked fish, he saw a plate of pancakes being set aside on edge of the table. He looked at Nora who told him. "It's yours. I set it there for you. Butter and syrup."

Naruto smiled. "Thank you." He ate the pancake and while he doesn't have Nora's addiction to it, he did like eating this pancake.

Naruto paid the bill and they both left the restaurant, Nora hugging Naruto's arm. He asked. "Are you happy? Because I spent my whole wallet on that breakfast."

"Satisfied! I haven't eaten a lot of pancakes since Beacon. Thanks bunches!" Nora squeezed his shoulder.

They went to the academy where they saw Ren and Jaune walking towards them. Naruto looked to see Nora's face reduced to an empty gaze seeing the aforementioned name.

Jaune tells Naruto. "Hey, can we go sparring for a bit? Ren keeps insisting that we have to train even though we have done that yesterday."

Naruto moved his head in a glance as he asked. "Nora?"

Nora said quietly, a complete contrast from her usual happy-go-lucky attitude. "Sure. But I'm partnering with Naruto."

Naruto did notice that Ren didn't even blink but Jaune raised an eyebrow as he said. "Let's meet up at the training areas."

They agreed and they went to the academy's training area where Naruto and Nora stand against Ren and Jaune.

Naruto stared Jaune off with the latter doing the same. Jaune unsheathed his Crocea Mors but Naruto just took a seal off his launcher and ripped it in half, resulting in a wooden sword.

RWBY Grand Kingdom Side Storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें