Chapter-38

Happy reading 💙

*One week later*

Livia's POV

I got inside hurriedly to the venue.

It's the day were Ricardo's and Government higher officials signing an agreement for the museum.

"Mam, here you are. Sir was going to rush out any time soon to get you", Zane's assistant Blake came to my side with relief washing over his features.

V and Char came to me.

"Girl, where were you? Your husband was panicking that you might miss his big event", Char questioned me sternly.

"I'm not sorry Char. You know I was going to meet an important client", I told running a hand over my hair to untangle the strands.

"Exactly. Who is this important client?", V asked sarcastically as I left her out.

"You don't need to know", I cut her off as my mind was clouded with thoughts after the event that happened morning.

"And Mam, what did you do to him? He is torturing us by asking permission", I was confused by Blake's question.

"I don't get it", I replied waiting for him to continue further.

"Yes Liv. One day I was getting ready to leave the office. Zane came to my cabin and do you know what he asked?", Now I was curious hearing Char.

"I wanted to finish a file by tonight. If you don't mind, would you like to work overnight to help finishing my file", Char and Blake said unison.

I gasped hearing them.

"We were used to him bossing around us. But these days he is acting over weird. It's normal for boss to make us overwork", Blake said while I chuckled.

"No,it's not. You were used to it. No one should work over time as they have a home to return unless the boss asking for help to finish very important ones", I finished as my attention got to the man who is in center of the attention.

I was watching Zane as he started to give his speech.

"Thank you all for joining us to celebrate an important event of Ricardo's.

It's my pleasure to have you all for this occasion.

Hoping everything is upto your likings.

Have a great evening guys".

He finished his talk as soon as he laid his eyes on me.

He rushed to my side.

"Where were you?", He asked as the guys left us for some privacy.

"I was out meeting some clients", I felt bad lying to all of them.

"Are you sure?", He caught my lie.

"I'm sure", I said as I hugged him.

"You don't have to lie to me brat. It's okay if you don't want me to know where you are. Just make sure you are safe and okay", he kissed my hair as my eyes watered.

"I love you Zane", I kissed his cheeks as I pulled out from hug.

"Sir, the Minster is waiting for you", Blake came to us.

"Wait here. I'll come back to you. I have something important to discuss with you", he pecked my lips as he walked inside a room upstairs.

I walked out to garden to get some fresh air.