chapter 21

Ladybug's POV:

Contentment fills me, as I snuggle closer to the warmth.My eyes lazily droop open, and I blink, trying to rid myself of tiredness.

My arms are wrapped around something-someone, and Im laying against a warm body.

I look up, to be met with the sleeping face of Chat Noir,as he draws me closer to him.

I can't help but giggle, and lightly run my hands through his hair, emitting a low put from him.

I allow myself to bask in the peace, and try to capture this moment, as I gaze above his head, into the stars.

The moonlight radiates on his face, and I cant help but be in awe at how handsome he was.

He looked as though he was in peace, and that made me feel so much more...

happier

I haven't felt like this in months.

My thoughts feel as though they've cleared from the much needed rest, and my limbs feel sore- like they have just woken from an eternal sleep.

Well, maybe they have, because as I take in the sky, I can see the beginning of the morning of the pinkish hue before sunrise, painting the sky.

I softly smile, as I know I will never forget this moment for as long as I live.

suddenly, a sharp gasp leaves my lips, as my ribs begin to pulse in pain.

crap!I forgot to take my medication!

The wounds from the battles aren't healing and I don't know what to think of it, because on the one hand I'm healing everyone. I am saving people.

But then on the other hand, I'm always reminded that I'm only 15, that this is too much for me to bear alone, that I cant carry on like this or there will be severe consequences.

But I have to think about the people, about the whole of Paris.

I cant stop, I cant think about myself.

Thats what happens when a 15 year old is given the responsibility to protect the world.

And I feel like I'm reaching my end point, like theres a matter of time before I-

It is as though hot coal is burning my insides out, and a pained yelp leaves me.

Immediately, Chat stirs and becomes alarmed, as his gaze falls towards me, clutching my side.

"M'lady?what's wrong?"

I respond with the only excuse I can think of

"Cramps"

He nods understandably, and carries me bridal-style.

My ribs are acting up too much, what if there actually is something wrong with me?

I feel like sleeping- like dreaming and never waking up.

"Chat, I need to go home"I mutter, as he stops at a different rooftop, and we both stare at the horizon.

School is probably going to start soon

"Sure M'lady, but take a few minutes to watch this with me first"

I stare at the beauty of the morning.

The time where the sun begins to rise, as the sky is painted in coloured pink and red hues.The colours contrast and harmonise both at the same time, and I cant help but be in awe.

I look at Chat, only to see him gazing at me

we both begin to lean in, my eyes never living contact with his,

the flapping of birds could be heard, and you could feel the fresh morning feeling

Everything was perfect,

only one more inch closer and my lips would be captured with his

One inch,

One centimetre,

one second

tears are suddenly brought to my eyes, as it takes everything within me not to cry out.

Its like my insides are decomposing and exploding at the same time.

My heartbeat races, as its pumped with the anxiety, and is affected by the pain.

Words cant even describe it.

Its like Im back in that bathtub all over again, bleeding my insides out.

My head runs in milestones, racing to recollect itself, and calm itself down.

strangled groans leave me, as I have no choice but to fight against the pain.

I become all too aware of Chat,

My eyes widen with terror,

no, no, no

he cant find out

he wont find out

never

My wings push as hard as they can, and I dont have time to even react to being able to use them.

I can hear him shout for me in the background, but I cant pay attention to that.

I need my meds

Its like my wings have a mind of their own, as they stay away from the prying eyes of the public, and where Chat cannot see, as they take a back route home.

I land in my room, as I run to my desk as fast as I could, and gather what medicine I assumed to be the painkiller.

Im falling back, 

and just before I hit the floorboards, I mutter:

"spots off"

I failed to hear the kwamis frantic screams, 

Tikkis saddened eyes.

and Plagg becoming worried for the Guardian

Unfortunately I never noticed that the medicine was in fact a sleep induced one,

and too bad I never noticed the bandage still wrapped around my head