Chapter 13 Part 2: The First Day

Start from the beginning

  "The Oracle Track!" Luz gasps.

  Willow traces a spell circle that she slams on the ground. A carnivorous flower grows out of the ground and hisses.

    (Y/n) heard sizzling beside her and sees Luz's cauldron was bubbling harshly. "Uh, Luz!"

  "The Plant Track!" Luz says excidingly as she watched as the ghost and the plant go at each other.

  Luz started pawing at the window, "Wow!"

  "Luz!" (Y/n) calls out.

  Luz turns around to see yellow smoke from Luz's cauldron has taken over most of the room.

  The Potions Teacher looks at Luz with a frown

  Luz yelp as she stirs her cauldron, "sorry. Sorry."

  The Potions Teacher walks away from the two.

  Luz and (Y/n) shudders.

  Later, the bell rings a smaller dinner bell.

  Everyone leaves class.

Luz grunts as she rotates her shoulder to release tension that pricked her. "Ooh boy! Stirring is the pits. What else is on the schedule for today?"

  "Let's see," (Y/n) says as she pulls out a list. "Potions for Beginners, Potions in Motion, Potions (Again), Still Potions, Potions 'Till You Die, Potions After Death... I think I'm starting to get why Eda bailed. Doing the same thing over and over again sucks!"

  Luz groans, "Oh, man! I'm sorry, elbow!"

  Luz looks up to see Selene replacing a crystal ball she had used in the battle in a closet and walks away. "A crystal ball. Maybe it can show me if I'm on the right track."

  (Y/n) frowns, "Luz, No. Don't. It's our first day. We'll causing mayhem when we get home, k?"

  "You're right," Luz nods. We have to make a good impression."

  (Y/n) smiles, "come on, let's go get something to eat."

  "You go on ahead, I need to use the restroom. I'll catch up," Luz points towards the direction of the restroom.

  (Y/n) squints her eyes at Luz, "Luz, I know that look. You're planning something."

  "No I'm not," Luz retorts.

  "Yes you are. You're doing that evil otter smile," (Y/n) points at Luz's smile.

  Luz covers her mouth to hide the smug smile. "I'm really not planning something. I promise."

  (Y/n) kept squinting her eyes, "alright. But I have my eyes on you and I'll be counting the seconds for how long you're gone."

  (Y/n) walks backwards, not letting Luz out of her sight before turning a corner. She reappears from the corner, silently giving a 'I'm watching you' gesture before actually leaving.

Luz watches the corner before slowly starting etching her way towards the closet and grabs the ball. "Whoa!"

  A spirit comes out of the ball, "you will be in trouble very soon."

  "Wow! Wait, what'd you say?" Luz raised an eyebrow quizzically.

  "Ahem!" A voice says behind Luz.

  Luz looks over her shoulder to see Principal Bump with a serious expression. She laughs nervously before Principal Bump starts to drag Luz through the halls.

  "But I wasn't studying other subjects! I uh... fog brew!" Luz tosses her potion on the ground, which doesn't work. "Yeah. I figured that wouldn't work."

  King climbs out of a trash can as the two passed, "Nyah."

  "King! Vouch for my character!" Luz says pleadingly.

  King blinks before throwing a thumbs up, "Uh, right! I don't know you!"

  At that response, Luz glares at King as Principal Bump continues to drag her away.

  The two arrived at a classroom with bars on the door, which Principal Bump shoves Luz into. The Detention Teacher looks up from his scroll, and Viney, Jerbo, and Barcus look over at the door.

  Luz looks around, "what is this place?"

  "This is the place where all troublemakers go," Principal Bump explains before he turns Luz's sleeves and leggings dark gray. "The detention track."

  Luz gasps in horror, "Nooooo! Detention track? But this can't be possible, I-I thought I--"

  "Yes. Actual detention still needs... repairs. In the meantime, I am keeping all troublemakers far away from the eyes of the inspector. You may try for a new track next year." Principal Bump informed.

  Luz frowns, "but I'll be back in the human world by then."

  Principal Bump shrugs, "maybe you'll do better in human school. Speaking of humans, I'll inform Ms. (L/n) that you are here," he says as Luz watches him leave.

  Luz feels dread at that last statement, "... I'm dead."

  Luz smiles awkwardly at everyone in the room, then sits at the desk. "Hello, fellow detentioners. Room for one more?I like the little spikeys in your hair."

  The Detention Teacher looks at Luz sternly, "Hey! You all better be quiet, unless you want to scrub the classroom again."

  "Hey, don't blame any of them. I'm the one that started talking," Luz defending her detention classmates.

  "Oh hurray. A hero," the teacher says sarcastically.

  A mop and bucket appear in Luz's hands.

  Luz glares as she walks off, "Aw, farts."

  Viney watches Luz walk off and smiles.

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*゚☆゚.*・。゚

  (Y/n) walks throughout the halls, grumbling incoherently about some unfortunate news that Principal Bump informed her. "I knew it. I knew she would do something that would get her in trouble!"

  "(Y/n)!" A voice calls out.

  (Y/n) turns around to see Willow and Gus jogging up to her.

  "How's your day so far?" Gus asked.

  "Rough to be honest. Luz got sent into detention," (Y/n) replies with a grumble.

  "Oh, that's terrible!" Willow says with a frown.

  "You can't do anything in there," Gus adds.

  "Yeah, I was on my to check up on her. And give her a earful for plotting," (Y/n) growled the last part under her breath.

  "I don't think we're aloud to go into the room, but we can visit her just outside of the room." Willow says Gus nods.

  (Y/n) smiles, "alright, lead the way."

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*゚☆゚.*・。゚