Chapter 13: Their Moments Together

Mulai dari awal

Upon opening his pair of golden red eyes, he was met with the mesmerizing sight of his sleeping wife beside him. He then felt a smile slowly form in his lips as he admired her sleeping figure.

With the morning light, Kyojuro was able to take a good look at her. As far as Kyojuro remembered, her hair was pure white back then, and now he is taking notice of her sky-blue streaks and tips that are mixed with her straight snow-white strands that are currently a bit messy right now. Her expression looks relax in her snooze, and even though she was just simply sleeping, Kyojuro couldn't help but watch her in awe.

Her face is not as beautiful as the gorgeous ladies in Japan. However, the flame pillar didn't love her because of looks, he loved her because she was just her – the same girl who he met under the shady tree of spring.

Comfortable silence filled the atmosphere as the room slowly glowed due to the warm rays of the sun that is lancing through the close window.

It is a gentle and happy morning that Kyojuro wanted to last forever. Being with her is something he wanted to wake up every single day.

A quiet morning that warm Kyojuro's heart – but the mesmerizing moment was suddenly ruined when two certain black birds came, loudly cawing outside the window, trying to catch the couple's attention. Thus, waking Fuyuko in the process.

Kyojuro thne stand up, walk out of bed and neared the window to open it. And as soon as he did, Inei immediately went in, whilst Kyojuro's crow just landed on the window sill.

"Rengoku Fuyuko! Rengoku Fuyuko!"

Inei repeatedly called out as he vigorously flapped his wings, flying around the room like a mad bird as he keeps on accidentally bumping the walls and furniture.

"Rengoku Fuyuko! Rengoku Fuyuko!"

"I'm up." Fuyuko calmly spoke, sitting up on the bed.

"Head to Ubuyashiki estate," Her crow informed, "Ubuyashiki-sama requested your presence in today's Hashira Meeting."

"Must come early! Must come early!" the crow added.

"Hashira Meeting! Hashira Meeting!" Kaname, Kyojuro's crow, reminded. "Rengoku Kyojuro and Fuyuko must come early than the others."

Fuyuko and Kyojuro both nodded to their crows, and the two birds finally left them in peace.

"Good morning, Fuyuko!" Kyojuro greeted as he faced her with his usual enthusiastic smile.

As if the flame hashira's very bright smile isn't enough, the soft ray of sunlight from the open window shined upon Kyojuro's owlish yet handsome features like a thousand fireflies.

Fuyuko could only watch in hidden awe as her husband just suddenly turned into a sun god in broad daylight. She then rubbed her right eye and blink twice, thinking that she must be seeing things since she just woke up from her sleep.

"Good morning." She monotonously replied as she walked out of bed while still rubbing her eyes.

"Ubuyashiki-sama wanted you to attend today's Hashira Meeting." Kyojuro stated. "I wonder why."

"Your current rank is Kinoe. How many demons have you killed so far?" he asked.

"50." Fuyuko bluntly replied.

Kyojuro's ears perked form her answer. He knows very well what kind of award awaits to those slayers who had killed that much demons, and since her rank is currently a Kinoe, there is no doubt that she will be promoted.

"Ah that's why you are summoned." he beamed. "You will be promoted to Hashira rank. Congratulation, Fuyuko!"

"I already expected the promotion." Fuyuko replied. "And we better get going."

Kyojuro immediately nodded, agreeing with her.

After readying themselves and packing their stuffs, the couple then exited their rooms and checked out from the inn.

The other hashiras are still dealing with their hangovers, while some are still sleeping, and a few had already left. Nevertheless, they just let them be since Fuyuko and Kyojuro are specifically summoned earlier than the others in today's meeting.

After a few hours of travel with the flame pillar guiding the way, the couple finally arrived at the Ubuyashiki estate, a beautiful manor surrounded with blooming wisteria trees.

Upon their arrival, they were humbly welcomed by a white-haired woman with pale skin and large, lavender eyes, Ubuyashiki Amane. She introduced herself to Fuyuko as the wife of the Demon Slayer Corps' leader.

Amane then led Fuyuko and Kyojuro to a room filled with the soothing aroma of fresh tea mixed with the sweet fragrance of wisteria flowers. The large shoji window of the room is wide open, presenting the beautiful scenery of the estate's garden.

And sitting in the middle of the room, waiting patiently for their appearance is a sick man with black shoulder-length hair. There are purple marks spreading down the upper part of his face, stopping just before his nose, and his irises are all white, a very obvious sign that he is blind.

It didn't take long for Fuyuko to immediately recognize who is she face to face with. The man who is sitting before her is no other than, Ubuyashiki Kagaya, the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps.