Chapter 1: The College Application

It was a summer day, and a certain Jake Sterling was just scrolling away in his phone in boredom. He's got nothing much to do for the rest of this summer anyway.

He just graduated high school in Rosemeadow High, and all his batchmates are recently applying for different universities around Rosemeadow... or maybe outside Rosemeadow. He heard one... or two of his batchmates made it in a prestigious school in a different city. The school was called Roseford University... well as far as Jake knows anyway. It must be someone from the student council who passed the insanely difficult entrance exam. Jake wondered who they could be.

Jake has tried applying in different colleges too, as well. The thing is, he sort of applied late since he and his family went for a vacation to celebrate both his graduation and 18th birthday and they just went home almost late August. It was fun, until Jake realized it might be a hassle to apply for colleges, considering he was still going to take entrance exams.

Yet Jake made it anyway, he took the exams he needed to take, and he was just waiting for the results if he made it to one of the colleges he applied in. He knows he did well, he's been catching up to his studies since high school.

But the school he really wanted to get into was Lunime University. It's one of the best and biggest schools around Rosemeadow and offers a lot of courses, like arts, business, medical, and a lot more Jake can't name. Jake really wanted to get in there. A little far from where his home is, but that's fine. They got dorms anyway, and he'd do anything to get in his dream university.

Aside from being his dream university, it's the same university Hailey and Zander are going in as far as he knows. Hailey already called Jake one day saying that she and Zander passed the exam and they already enrolled in the school. They applied quite early, which is good for them. They probably even already had a dorm and everything and all they need is just to move in! Apparently, they've just been waiting for Jake to get his results so they could finally be in the same school and move into their dorms together.

Jake doesn't know who else would study in Lunime, but hopefully just a lot less people back from his high school, since he doesn't like familiar faces that much and he really would like a fresh start, away from all that high school shenanigans and all that drama, because, well... drama sucks and it's cringey and stupid when he thought about it.

As much as he'd like to know where the others are going to study, he wants to focus on his own college application for now, anyway.

And speaking of college application, he received an email notification.

'Oh, God... Is this it? Are these my results?' Jake thought, as he stood up from his bed, pacing back and forth as he clicked on the email and opened his inbox.

He clicked the latest one and read it.

To: jakeinnit@gmail.com
From: zanderw@gmail.com

'lmao gotcha bet ur nervous pfffft'

*insert a pic with a cat sticking out its tongue*

...

Jake stared at the email for a moment. It even has a cat sticking out its tongue! 'Zander, I'm going to kill you for this! He knows how nervous I am for my college results, damn it!'

Not long after that, he received a phone call from Hailey. Frowning as he might have a clue for what she's calling for, he picked it up.

Jake sighed. "Hailey..."

"Oh, no hello? Why are you sighing? You okay, Jake? Did you get your..." Jake heard Hailey snicker that made Jake frown,"'...application results'? Hahahahaha!"