Interruption

I unfortunately had to distance myself from Edric over the next few weeks. As much as it hurt to scarcely see each other we both agreed that it would protect us and not raise suspicion.

Thankfully Emira was there to keep me company on the days we were apart, like today. We sat at a small cafe near the castle, a place we visited almost as often as Viney's pet clinic.

I sipped on my water as Emira told me about her hobbies and shared a few stories. A few weeks prior I told her all about me and Edric and how we are now together and she got excited because she's "not the only Blight with a secret partner".

"So how are you and Viney?" I asked as our conversation slowed. "We've been great, I've been visiting her a lot recently and the other day she gave me this." she said pulling a golden necklace up from under her shirt.

There was a small heart attached to the chain. She flipped it around so you could see in very small writing E + V. I smiled, "that's so cool". She smiled back then looked at the sky, "I think I have to go, my mom wants me to go to this meeting with her, sorry."

"It's ok" I said standing up while she grabbed her bag. I waved as she ran off, "see you later" she called out. After she left I walked around town before returning to the castle.

When I got back I spotted my uncle in one of the rooms, he was coughing terrible and had to lean on one of the walls to keep himself steady.

I wanted to go in and help him but I knew that would probably just get my yelled at and in trouble so I just kept walking. I made it back to my room and let out an excited breath, today me and Edric planned a meet up.

I hadn't seen him in almost a full week so I was thrilled to see him again. I pulled a few potions, ingredients and a book out of my bag, I had grabbed them in the market and couldn't wait to see what they would do.

I flipped through the book for awhile, delighted whenever I found a spell that could be casted with potions and not traditional magic. In the span of a few hours I finally taught myself how to teleport.

I had to drink the potion and it took a lot of concentration but I was finally able to perform real magic. I took everything I had laid out and hid it in my closet just in case someone came barging in.

For the rest of the day I sat by my window waiting for Edric and playing with Flapjack. When I finally heard the small taps on my window I eagerly opened it to see my boyfriends beautiful face.

"Hey" he said, grinning up at me. "Hi" I said excitedly. I climbed out and wrapped my arms around his neck as we reached the ground.

We walked over to the hill where Edric had laid out a small blanket with a bunch of food spread across it. I looked up at him beaming and he let out a small laugh and grinned.

I raced over to it and sat down quickly. As soon as he sat down I reached over and hugged him. "You are the best boyfriend ever" I muttered in his ear. He wrapped his arms around me, "I'm glad you feel that way"

I pulled back and we started eating and joking around. We took turns trying to throw grapes in the others mouth but ended up failing almost every time, laughing hysterically when one would bounce off our foreheads.

After awhile of talking we moved some of the stuff out of the way so we could lay on the blanket. We gazed up and the stars, our hands intertwined as we talked about anything that came to mind.

I turned to Edric while he was in the middle of a story. I admired his features for a few minutes, his mole below his eye, his messy emerald green hair, and his eyes that could show all of his emotions without him saying a single word.

He turned his head towards me, probably because I hadn't responded for a long while. "You make me really happy" I blurted as soon as he opened his mouth to say something.

His confused look melted to happiness as he processed my words. "You make me really happy too" he said softly while brushing some of my wild hair behind my ear.

I felt my face heat up. Sometimes I find it stupid that I still blush ever though we're dating but he makes me so flustered all the time and I can't help it.

He suddenly grinned at me. I tilted my head, "what?" I questioned curiously. He pulled out a dark red rose out of his coat pocket and handed it to me, "it's a thank you, for the flowers you gave to me on our first date" he said, smiling widely.

I held it close to my chest and looked back at him, "but that was weeks ago" I said, confused. He shrugged, "I thought about giving it to you earlier but I wanted to plan something special like this" he said gesturing to the blanket.

I smiled, "well thank you" I said carefully placing the rose next to me. We both sat up and stared at each other, "I'll never not love being your boyfriend" I muttered, scooting closer to him.

He leaned forward and placed one hand on my cheek, caressing it slightly. He got so close I could feel his breath on my lips but giving me room if I wanted to pull away. His eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips before settling on my eyes, "Hunter can I-"

"Hunter!" A voice yelled out. We both turned our heads to see Luz running towards us. "What?" I asked, clearly annoyed that she had interrupted us.

I could hardly see her in the dark but even so I could tell she was shaking. I pulled out a light glyph and tapped it so I could see her better.

As the light hit her I could see that her eyes were filled with panic and she kept opening her mouth then closing it again. I got up and took a step towards her and grabbed her shoulders, "Luz, what happened?"

"King Belos is dead"