Date

I woke up the next morning grinning wildly as the delight from the night before had not faded from my mind. I lifted myself off from my bed and stretched my arms over my head for the satisfying crack they made.

I poured some bird seed into Flapjacks cage while humming softly to myself. After I did that I sat on a chair next to my desk and thought about everything that had happened from when I had first arrived to the kingdom to now.

First I had met Edric, my boyfriend. Gosh it felt weird calling him that, but it also felt so right, like we were meant to be together.

There was no doubt in my mind that I would ever want to be separated from him. It didn't matter what my uncle had to say, what his parents had to say, we truly cared about each other.

I laughed slightly at the obscurity of it all. It was shocking that I would risk the fury of my uncle, the one I had grown up to fear for the majority of my life, just to be with a boy I had met only two weeks ago.

I pulled out my notebook and flipped through it until I found a blank page. I took out one of my pencils and looked up at the cage where Flapjack was happily eating.

I started sketching away until I had a base figure and then started to pile in the details, his small pointed beak, the light from my window illuminating patches of his feathers, and the dark scar running down his eye.

I turned the pages again and tapped my pencil against the paper trying to think of something else to draw. My hand started working on its own as I mindlessly drew the main thing on my mind.

After a couple of minutes it was clear that I was drawing Edric, I wanted to reach through the page and run my hands through his fluffy hair.

I groaned at slammed my head down on my desk. "Why am I suddenly like this!" I yelled. "I haven't even been away from him for a day and I already miss him".

After my thoughts swirled in my head like a tornado I finally muttered, "it's his fault for being so cute" then got back to drawing.

Once I was done one of our conversations popped up in my head, him telling me about his favorite flowers, that was the night I kissed him.

I remember the pale moonlight lighting up his face, "yeah my sisters used to make fun of me for liking flowers, but that's so dumb, if girls can get flowers on a first date why not guys?" His charming voice played in my head.

I smiled as an idea formed in my head. I didn't know if us hanging out today qualified as a date but I was sure he'd appreciate it anyway.

I flipped back to a page where I had practiced glyphs. I struggled for a fair amount of time figuring out the spacing for everything but I had finally figured it out and set the paper on my desk.

I walked over to my bookshelf and scanned the books on display, trying to find one to pass the time. I settled on a red and yellow book called Rulers Reach.

I was halfway through when the sun finally started to go down. I put the book back and impatiently waited for Edric to show up at my window.

I raced to the window as soon as I heard the soft tapping. I pulled the clear surface up to see his face, his hand was still raised and prepared to knock again. He grinned eagerly, "well someones happy to see me"

I nodded and grabbed the paper, stuffing it in my back pocket. I climbed out and positioned myself securely in my boyfriends arms.

His hand grasped mine as we reached the ground and we walked over to our hill. We both took a seat in the grass and faced each other. I carefully took the paper out of my pocket and tapped on it, green light shone on both of our faces as flowers grew out of the paper, forming a rainbow bouquet.

I held it out in my hand for him to take when I suddenly felt my face burn in embarrassment and thought that this might have been a dumb idea. He didn't say anything for a moment and just blinked at me in shock.

I retracted my arm and tried to mutter "sor-" when I was tackled to the ground in a hug. He placed his hands on the ground to support himself and looked at me affectionately in the eyes. "You are the most adorable person I have ever met."

I grinned, "so you like it then?". He pushed his messed up hair out of his eyes, "of course I do, it's one of the nicest things anyones ever done for me". I suddenly regained a lot of my confidence, "if that's all it takes to make you happy wait till I propose"

It took him a second to register wait I said but when he did his face turned bright red, probably matching mine. I let out a nervous giggle, "it's nice to see you flustered for a change"

He laughed lightly and smiled, "that's because I'm the flirty one, it's my job" he emphasized. "That's not fair, you just have to make me blush on the time?"

He leaned closer, "yes, because you look very cute like that". "Oh shush" I said pushing him away from me, trying to not make my face go crimson again. "See" he said cockily, "you look adorable"

I groaned and hid my face in my hands, "you are insufferable". "Oh you know you love me" he joked. "Well it's no fun if I just say that" I mumbled.

"What?" He asked. "Nothing" I said, scooting closer to him. "So I was wondering" I tried to say but was unable to finish. "Wondering what?" He asked curiously, taking my hand.

"Are we going to tell people, about us" I said raising my free and and gesturing towards the both of us. "If you're not comfortable sharing our relationship right now that's fine" he gazed lovingly in my eyes, "but I'd scream it to the whole world if I could"

I smiled and squeezed his hand, "we can tell your sisters if you want, I don't know who else we could but you can tell anyone you want" he smiled warmly, "I'd like that"

The sun started to rise and me and Edric watched it together. "I'm so glad I'm your boyfriend" I whispered in his ear. He laid his head against mine, "me too"

After sitting in comfortable silence for a long time I sighed and said, "I suppose we should head back". Edric groaned and wrapped his arms around my waist, "Do we have to? I'm so comfortable"

"Unfortunately yes" I said and pushed myself up, pulling him along with me. He dusted off his pants from sitting and I had the random urge to mess up his hair, so that's what I did.

He turned and looked at me with a laugh, "what was that for?". I shrugged, "I like you with messy hair". He reached out towards me but I quickly dodged and caught his arm, "no way Blight, my hair is messy enough as is"

He yanked his arm back and crossed both of them, "your hair is not messy, also I deserve to mess it up". "Fine you can mess it up" I said while a grin grew on my face, "if you can catch me". I quickly started sprinting towards the castle at full speed.

I heard a distant "hey!" when I was running at laughed to myself. I was almost back at the castle when a root suddenly grew out of the ground, tripping me, but before I face planted a flower caught my fall.

Edric quickly caught up and helped me stand, though not before ruining my hair. "You used magic"I yelled "I could have hurt myself". He giggled lightly, "I won though, didn't I?" He then leaned his hand against the wall of the castle, "and I will make sure you never get hurt"

I felt myself blush for the third time that morning as he carried me back up to my room. I climbed back in my room and looked back at Edric. "See you later golden boy" he said doing a small wave.

I felt adrenaline rush through me and I quickly stuck my head out the window and kissed him on the cheek while he was in the middle of preforming a spell.

I saw his face turn ruby red as the plant lowered him down. I ran over my bed and screamed into my pillow, I don't know why I was still so awkward about everything, I mean we are dating after all.

The rest of my day was pretty mundane and consisted of me just walking around or just hanging out in my room, although from the mornings perspective I would have called it a perfect date, if you consider our secret hang out a date.