Sneaking out

I took a deep breath, I had never snuck out before. The rational part of my brain was telling me that this was a terrible idea, if Belos found out, well I didn't even want to think of what would happen if he found out.

Another part of my brain was telling me to do it. Edric was fun and exciting and made me feel more alive then I ever felt.

Ok, I'm going to do it. Now all I had to is decide how. I checked the window, nope I was on the second story and I didn't feel like breaking both of my legs. That only left the door, I suspected that there would be guards in the halls so I was stuck.

I rubbed my temples, what was I going to do? That's when I saw my cloak, the potion! I raced over to where I discarded it on the bed. I felt the pockets and pulled out the familiar blue bottle.

I reread the tag, yup, one sip and I should be able get out of here. I put my cloak and raised the bottle to my lips. I took a swig and placed the bottle back in my cloak.

I stood there for a second, afraid that nothing would happen when I felt a tingling sensation in my skin. I glanced down and I couldn't see my shoes, the invisibility was slowly creeping up my legs and then to my waste.

After another minute the invisibility had spread throughout my entire body. When I reached for the doorknob it was so weird to not see my own hand. I threw the door open and stepped into the empty hall. I shut my door carefully hoping it wouldn't wake anyone and continued walking.

Every step I took felt way to loud, even though I was invisible I could still unfortunately make sound. I made it to the bottom of the stairs when I saw the first guard, well kinda guard. It looked like it was made of pure liquid.

It had several different shades of purple that made up the liquid and covering it was silver amour, the stomach was covered by a huge pink gem. It was carrying a small purple candle that was encased in its hand, despite the candle the thing was completely unarmed. I shuddered thinking of what it could do with just its huge blobby hands.

I stepped back and my boot made a small squeak on the floor. It's glowing green eyes turned to look at me. I sucked in a breath trying to make as little noise as possible, then I was struck by a horrific thought. If this thing is magic, will it be able to sense my magic?

The purple creature took a step towards me, I now notice how tall it was, probably over twice my height. If it didn't hear me earlier it would probably catch me by my heartbeat, I had only felt fear this extreme once before.

After a few seconds that were agonizingly slow it turned away and went down another hallway. I waited till I couldn't hear its footsteps then I bolted. I don't if I ever ran so fast in life, I could hear my cloak flapping because of my speed but I didn't care, I just needed to be outside.

I finally found the doors and carefully pushed one open and while doing so I saw my boots reappearing. Gotta hurry this up. I quickly shut the doors and was able to catch my breath, my lungs felt like they were catching fire and my throat felt like it had invisible hands wrapping around it, squeezing the air out of me.

I was able to recover after a minute or so after leaning on the side of the castle walls. I glanced down. Dang it. You could now see almost up to my stomach.

I started my walk, looking for anything that resembled a garden, of course Edric had forgot I knew where absolutely nothing was at this palace.

Eventually I ran into some rose bushes which might I add hurt a lot. I blinked in the darkness, trying to see that layout. From the looks of it the rose bushes were like walls around all the other flowers, this had to be the place.