Meeting

We approached the castle far too fast. I could hear my hearts fast beating echo through my ears. I knew this was going to happen since I was ten but those six years went by way too fast, I didn't want to move here and get married to a girl I didn't know!

The journey had taken three days but it felt like only a few minutes, it felt like I was just looking back at my castle, the castle I grew up in and loved. But now I was looking at the Blight castle with its white walls and green banners, it screamed unfamiliar and intimidating.

As me and my uncle stepped out of the carriage a young girl with dark brown hair in what looked to be a maid uniform came running up to us, her shoes making small tapping sounds on the marble floors.

She quickly tried to catch her breath as she extended her hand at shake my uncles. "Hello, King Belos" she said with a bright but nervous smile plastered on her face, "I'm very sorry but Mrs and Mr Blight are at a highly important meeting right now, feel free to rest in the castle while you wait" she said in a calm voice, or at least she tried to sound calm, I heard the bits of panic in her voice she was trying to mask.

"Ok, thank you" Belos said in his normal charismatic voice. "Hunter, let's go." "Actually," shit. Why did I just say something, I'm so dead. I glanced uneasily at him "I was wondering if I could take a look around the town."

I braced for impact, why in the world would I ask anything of my uncle? He let out a small sigh "I guess that will be fine." I looked up at him, my mouth slightly open out of shock. "But you must be back at the castle as soon as we send a messenger to come find you."

I smiled slightly knowing I finally got to do something on my own. The girl turned to me "do you want to have a guard accompany you?" "I'll be fine, thank you" I responded, trying to push back the smile that was creeping on my face.

The girl turned back to my uncle as I walked away, to say I was excited was a huge understatement. Belos basically had me on a leash my entire life, never allowed to escape the castle and be on my own. My heart lurched as I thought about the castle, my home.

I finally walked far enough into town that I found the shops. They were selling so many things,animals of so many species, colors and sizes, potions with wildly different colors and h-Wait, potions? I turned around quickly. They actually sold potions here?

In the kingdom of gold all magic was prohibited, that included spells, potions, curses and even demons, well except for the one that always assisted my uncle. 

I walked slowly over to the stand, there was a tall women with long gray hair and pointed ears standing there talking with a boy with short brown hair and a weird gray funnel hat. There was a small sign listing all the types of potions, there were elixirs, ointments, invisibility, and more that I didn't have time to read when the tall lady started talking to me

"Hey kid, what can I get cha?" She spoke confidently. "Um" I thought for a moment. "I'll take a invisibility potion, please." "Alrighty then, MORTON" she screeched. "Gosh Eda I heard him" the brunette said. He quickly walked into a storage room and when he walked out he was carrying a translucent potion with a blue tint to it.

I pulled out a small pouch and pulled out the money I would need and set it on the counter, oh gosh I hoped they used the same currency here as they did in my kingdom. Thankfully the tall lady didn't bat an eye and scooped up the coins as the boy placed the potion in my hands.

"Thank you for shopping at Eda's potion shop!" They gray haired lady said "This is not your potion shop Edalyn" yelled another lady with slightly curly blue hair in the back of the shop. Eda let out a small snort and continued rearranging potions on a small rack they had.

I held the potion carefully, as if it would shatter at any moment. It was my first look at real magic and I was ecstatic. I continued my walk as I read the tag and read it out softly to myself. "One sip of the potion will allow the user to be invisible for 5 minutes, two will allow 10. The transformation will take one to two minutes, the invisibility will travel from the feet to the legs and upward."

I continued walking and reading, laughing at the small owl sticker on the back of the tag saying "Hoot!". Once I was done I set the potion carefully in one of the pockets in my cloak and looked back up, but not fast enough to the person running straight into me.

We both fell and his hood fell off his head revealing his dark green hair and stunning gold eyes. I thankfully fell on my back so the potion didn't break. The green haired boy quickly stood up and wiped off his hands then extended one of them to me.

"I am so sorry about that" he said apologetically. I grabbed his hand and hauled myself up. When I got up he stared at me for a moment, as if he was looking for a reaction. When he didn't he tilted his head slightly and said "are you new around here?" "Yeah, how could you tell?" I said. "I pretty much know everyone here, so where are you traveling from?" "The kingdom of gold" I replied.

"Oooh fancy, so why are you traveling here?" He said with another head tilt. "Family stuff, I was basically dragged here" I laughed but there was little humor in it. "Yeah I understand, my mom is super controlling, basically orders me and my sisters around and my dad does nothing about it, at least I'm used to it."

"Yeah, I wish I could have stayed home." "Well I'm glad you're here" he said with a wink. I could feel my entire face heating up when he said that. I heard a yell in the distance and we both turned towards it.

"Oh that's probably for me" he said quickly picking up the bad he dropped and started running. He turned back towards me and yelled "see you around golden boy" throwing his arm up to wave then continued sprinting.

I shook my head as I let out a giggle, gosh was that boy weird but also quite endearing, I hope I will see him around.

I walked around but I couldn't get his face out of my mind, a few times I would find myself laughing that would result in a few odd looks but I honestly didn't care. It was weird how carefree I felt after that exchange.

After looking at a few more stalls a messenger came running up to me. "Prince Hunter you're presence is needed at the castle" they said with a bow. I nodded politely and started walking to the castle. After a few minutes I finally reached it, took a deep breath and walked in the front doors.