Guns And Laces: Preview

Guns And Laces

Preview

***

“You were a nurse, no?” I asked her.

“Now, I am a stripper.” She replied with a hint of agitation in her tone.

At loss of words, I stayed quiet as she turned to walk away. Even in the dark sky of light, I could make out her perfectly carved figure and with a newfound interest, I started to walk behind her.

She turned around with a frown marred on her face, “Don’t follow me.”

I grabbed the back of her head and pushed her against the wall, “What are you doing here?”

Her violet eyes lit up with a fire, “I don’t see how that’s your business.”

Her voice was naturally soft but her tone was harsh. And that ticked me off.

Pressing my body against hers, I answered, “You are my business, Rheannon. I own that club.”

I could feel the rapid rise of her breathing just before she pushed me away, “You own that club, Angelo. Not me.”

Saying that, she ran away.

***

Rheannon Aurora Pallas, an excellent nurse who have always outdone her duties, had to leave the hospital she worked at as well as the country she called home.

New York City may sound like a dream but hidden in shadows are some of the most monstrous human beings. And it took Rheannon only one night to figure that out.

And now that she was here, she could not leave.

Not until she finds the person she’s looking for.

Enter Angelo Petrakis, renowned businessman in the day and a drug smuggler by the night. Oh, and did I mention that he is also the patient she once nursed and the man who owns the strip club she works at?

No? Well, there’s always a first time for everything.

When they first met, they hated each other with a passion.

But, maybe, just maybe that passion can give birth to an emotion that they both are unaware of.

After all, love can be found in the most unexpected of places.