04 - n o w

Aubrey

"Aliyah!" Jayden's face breaks out into a huge grin.

Well that's questionable.

"Hey, Jay." She smiles at him, making her way to our table.

I'm immediately struck by her beauty. Her long and thick black hair falls over her shoulders elegantly and her hazel eyes compliment her tan skin so well. Her lips are full and a striking combination of purple and pink and her aura is so magnetic because it's drawing me in. She's so so pretty it's actually making me question my sexuality. Not exactly. But that's how gorgeous she actually looks.

Jay.

She must the new girlfriend.

"Nice to meet you, I'm-" I start but get cut off.

"Aubrey Kameron, I'm very well aware. Jayden's best friend." She seats herself next to Jayden and pinches his cheeks.

Okay..

He snorts. "Babe, my best friend's Taylor."

Jayden laughs at my narrowed gaze victoriously and I reach across to slap him on the shoulder to which he feigns hurt and Aliyah laughs.

I've never really noticed her before, in my class. Perhaps because I was so concentrated on what was being taught before the devil showed up and ruined everything. And probably also because I prefer sitting at the seats on the far end of the room. She's beautiful in every way.

"So.. How long have you guys been seeing each other?" I ask, giving a small smile.

They both answer at the same time, speaking over one another.

"Six days," Aliyah beams.

"Six days, five nights, two hours and seventeen minutes exact," Jayden says proudly.

They both look at each other for a moment.

And then Aliyah shoves Jayden on his jaw with a huge smile on her face, aww-ing, and calling him Jay.

"Ouch." Jayden pouts making Aliyah laugh out loud.

"Okay, here." She places her lips on his jaw. "I'll kiss it better for you."

I blink at the situation in front of me.

God.

I hear Jayden and Aliyah both flirting with each other and do my best to zone out to block the smoochy noises.

The weird, same old train of thoughts begin again. Thoughts I've tried so hard to drown out but it's as if they're a part of me. Thoughts I can't help but think when I see a pair.

I never was able to forget him. We never had a proper goodbye. How was I supposed to lose feelings? I never moved on. But after what he did, do I still love him? He left me.

And it repeats. Again and again. Like a broken tape recorder.

We never had a proper goodbye.

I never moved on.

He left me.

All alone. By myself, in this cruel, cruel world.

It's a chant. Endless whispers. Belonging to me, in my voice.

I find it so oddly intriguing how a person's own mind can conjure such hateful thoughts about oneself. And even more so, how it can change a person entirely on the whole. I despise how it's out of my control, just like anything else.

The human mind has a mind of itself.

The heart on the other hand is a foolish, stupid organ. It has one believing in the most unbelievable things. Trusting in the most untrustworthy people. Feeling for the most undeserving. Worst of all, falling for the wrong ones.