1

God I'm so irritated! I really don't want to move to Washington. What the hell am I going to do in a forest? I love living in San Francisco cause there's always something going on. I would take the Bart to school everyday and I just fell in love with the city.

But no. The world just hates me. My dad got a job offer in Washington, so he told me. For some reason, he was nervous when he told me. He made me suspicious and I question whether he was telling me the truth or not. I pushed that thought aside and focused on the real picture.

I'm not one of those popular blonde haired, blue eyed teen girls that parties and is the captain on the cheer squad. Although, I am blonde and blue eyed, I'm not a cheerleader and I've only been to birthday parties for little 5 years olds.

I'm a straight A student and a go-with-the-flow time of girl. I hate to get into people's way and I always worry that if I talk too much, people with think I'm annoying and talk shit about me. I'm for sure not a bad girl but not quite the goodie two-shoes people think I am. I can be sarcastic and crack an attitude when I need too.

People never really talk to me which I'm not bothered by. People look at me straight in the eyes but never will say anything. I have crazy blue eyes that people say are the 'most beautiful eyes they have ever seen'. But I don't see what they see.

So back on the subject of my family moving, my mother told me that we would be moving in with a family that she's been friends with for the longest time. She explained to me basically their whole life story. I zoned out most of what she said but every once in a while would say, "uh huh" or "yeah" making it sound like I was actually listening. We loaded up the trailer with boxes and suitcases of our stuff.

I'm actually going to miss this house. We made so many memories. Like all my birthday parties and sleepovers and our Christmas mornings. Or when my parents got me a car for my 16 birthday after I passed my drivers test. Or when my cousins and I went around the neighborhood and pranked all of my neighbors. I got grounded after that one but it was totally worth it.

I walked around the empty house for the last time. I went through all the rooms making sure I didn't forget a thing. Then I made my way downstairs and into the car. We began to drive away as I watched the house get smaller and smaller. I grabbed my headphones from my bag and started to listen to music as I drifted off to sleep...

*****

"Sweetheart! Wake up!" I felt a hand rubbing my thigh as the voice yelled loudly. I covered my ears and shifted in my seat.

"Five more minutes" I groaned.

"We are here honey, you've got to get up. The family is waiting for us." I sighed and slowly opened my eyes. The looked around until I stumbled upon the house. My jaw dropped to the floor as I was in awe by the house. It was a three story modern home. It had a few windows in the front but the sides and back was all windows. It was surrounded by a green forest with trees towering over. I looked to my left and saw a huge lake where the sun caused it to glisten.

"Beautiful right? I told you." She chuckled. "Now come on sleeping beauty!" she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the car. I was still in awe over the view of the lake. We began to walk up the steep steps to the house.

A sweet looking women was at the top of the stairs in the door way. She grinned from ear to ear as we approached. "Anne!" she squealed running up to my mom bringing her in a tight hug that almost looked uncomfortable but after a couple of seconds let go and faced me.

"Janice, I'd like you to meet K-" my mom began until Janice interrupted. "Katerina!" she squealed once again and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Hello.." I tried to say but was hard with her hugging me so hard I couldn't breathe. She finally let go and had me gasping for air. She is quite.. energetic.

"Come, come meet the boys!" Boys? what boys?

We walked inside and I was greeting by the smell of.. hmm is that Pumpkin Pie? Wow I think I like this place already. I heard a bunch of shouting coming from the living room.

"Oh god. Keep it down you guys!" she yelled into the living room. She led us to the kitchen where we sat on the bar stools. "Don't mind them. Pie?" I nodded quickly and my mother just grinned widely. She gave us both plates with a slice of pie on it. I ate it a bit too quickly and my stomach didn't quite like that. What can I say? I'm a growing 16 year old (almost 17). A girls gotta eat.

"Slow down child" My mom told me which made her and Janice giggle. My dad and another man walked in carrying some boxes and suitcases. The man stood up straight and looked at us and began to walk over. "Hello! I'm Dave, Janice's husband. It's so nice to finally meet the both of you." He extended his hand out and we both shook it. We introduced ourselves. This family seems like a nice family. I guess living here won't be so bad.

He walked back out the door with my dad to get more boxes. Just as they walked out, a little boy who looked to be about 5 ran into the kitchen yelling "Mommy! Mommy!" She picked him up and put him on her hip. Then he walked in.

He had to be at least 6'2. He was wearing a white V-neck and blue jeans that showed his muscles perfectly. He looked to be a little older than me by 3-4 years but God was he beautiful. He has light brown hair that was styled in a messy way. He had these beautiful green eyes that I couldn't help but gaze into. I noticed I was staring at him but then I noticed he was doing the same. He stopped in his tracks right at the doorway.

Everyone in the room looked like they were watching a tennis match. Eyes going from me to him, back to me then back to him. My heart was racing and my breath quickened. Something inside me was so attracted to him that made me want to pounce on him.

Finally breaking the long silence, Janice spoke up. "Anne.. Katerina.. this is my oldest son, Noah." Noah. God that name makes his 10x hotter.

"Katerina" The way he said my name made me shiver. He had a deep voice. He walked over to shake my mothers hand and then gazed at me. He extended his hand which I gladly took. He leaned down to kiss the top which made me blush.

I heard someone clear their voice. Looking over at the doorway of the front door was my pissed dad. Noah let go of my hand and stood up straight. Glaring at my dad. What the hell does he think he's doing? But surprisingly, my dad bowed his head. This is the guy who beat up a boy for just looking at me! I'm beyond confused.

******